Minx toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb11

Reaction score
Hi there,
please can someone tell me some advise on minx please, when re applying minx do you file the nail bed everytime before applying the minx. ive got a regular customer who has minx on everytime and i soak old minx off and re apply after preping however not sure if i should file everytime in this situation, not sure if it will damage the nail by doing this.
should it be only done when aplying the minx for the FIRST time.
please help as im getting busy and not sure if im doing it right x :D

Hi there,
please can someone tell me some advise on minx please, when re applying minx do you file the nail bed everytime before applying the minx. ive got a regular customer who has minx on everytime and i soak old minx off and re apply after preping however not sure if i should file everytime in this situation, not sure if it will damage the nail by doing this.
should it be only done when aplying the minx for the FIRST time.
please help as im getting busy and not sure if im doing it right x :D

Can I ask have you done any Minx training?
The reason I ask is there are a few things you are doing which you shouldn't be doing during a Minx application or Minx Removal.

You don't buff the surface of the nail before applying Minx and just as important you certainly do not soak off Minx.

Minx is applied with Heat and should be removed using heat.

I would suggest you book onto a Minx course so you get the most from your product and give the best service that you can.

Agree with Klassy Klaws - on the Minx training you don't file nail bed nor do Minx need soaking off.

Minx seem like a simple thing to apply, which they are, but the training is helpful and isn't expensive and teaches you some great tips and tricks - esp how to get the most sets out of one Minx sheet - i'm still trying to master that one!!

Hope this helps x

sorry for jumping on the thread but where can you get minx training, and do they do a shellac and minx one together? also, do you need the lamp to train? thanks

Yes Sweet Squared will have all the answers. At the moment their Shellac & Minx training courses are seperate and to do each one you have to have the proper Minx or Shellac lamp and products. All of this is also available from them and they do some great starter kits with everything you need for Minx. X

I have done minx training with creative cost me £250 or round about. they showed us to file the nail with a koala file to remove the surface shine sothe minx sticks better and then use scrub fresh to remove any grease dirt and dust.
sorry i dont soak off thatwas a mistake i do remove with heat lol... i do acrylics and got the soak off from that. sorry :D

i havnt done many so thats why i just need that advise. getting busy now so need to know :)

Last edited:
I have done minx training with creative cost me £250. they showed us to file the nail with a koala file to remove the surface shine sothe minx sticks better and then use scrub fresh to remove any grease dirt and dust.
sorry i dont soak off thatwas a mistake i do remove with heat lol... i do acrylics and got the soak off from that. sorry :D

My Minx training with CND cost no where near that price ( or did that price include kit too ) . In my training we where told not to remove the surface shine as it isn't necessary .

I have done minx training with creative cost me £250. they showed us to file the nail with a koala file to remove the surface shine sothe minx sticks better and then use scrub fresh to remove any grease dirt and dust.

Ok Minx training wouldn't of cost you £250 that amount must be including your lamp and equipment as Minx training only costs £50.
There is no need to remove the shine from the surface of the nail, you remove Cuticle then Scrubfresh to remove any surface contaminates before applying the Minx.

Then removal is heating the Minx with Your lamp and peeling from side wall to side wall.

If your feel you need a bit more information please contact your CND Education Ambassador who provided your training, I'm sure they will be happy to run over things for you.
Hths

yes i got all my kit big lamp and everything it was around £250 i think, was a good year ago now. had a baby since so thats why ive not been doing it very much but picking it back up now.

No thats all i was wanting to know really i wasnt sure so always good to ask.

Thank you for letting me know :D

My Minx training with CND cost no where near that price ( or did that price include kit too ) . In my training we where told not to remove the surface shine as it isn't necessary .

yeah got all my kit in with that price... was around £250 im sure or maybe alittle less.. for kit and lamp.

Thanks for reply anyway now i know not to file the nail. not done many as had a baby since training so picking back up now.

Latest posts

Back