Minx would not stick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina

Reaction score
Hi all

I had a nightmare day with Minx yesterday, I was doing minx on daughters nails - no problem.

The mum had a luxury pedicure with paraffin wax then I proceeded with the Minx.

It was one of the Marian Newman collection- a metallic one - the big toes stuck down ok but the edges wouldn't then on all the rest of the nails it just would not stick, I would stick it down then soon as I touched it it more or less fell off.

I was battling with it for about an hour till i decided enough was enough and I'm now going back next week to try again.

Do u think it was the result of the paraffin wax that stopped the minx from doing its thing, this is what me and the client put it down to but I'm a bit worried that I will go back next week to do it and it still won't stick .

any help please.

i found that perticully with matalic minx its a most to decotaminate the nail plate i use sugicial spirt ,it cleans any remaining product like wax from the nail ,then heat the minx till you get flippy fish like look ,then you cant go wrong hope that helps xx

Hi all

I had a nightmare day with Minx yesterday, I was doing minx on daughters nails - no problem.

The mum had a luxury pedicure with paraffin wax then I proceeded with the Minx.

It was one of the Marian Newman collection- a metallic one - the big toes stuck down ok but the edges wouldn't then on all the rest of the nails it just would not stick, I would stick it down then soon as I touched it it more or less fell off.

I was battling with it for about an hour till i decided enough was enough and I'm now going back next week to try again.

Do u think it was the result of the paraffin wax that stopped the minx from doing its thing, this is what me and the client put it down to but I'm a bit worried that I will go back next week to do it and it still won't stick .

any help please.

Yes, the paraffin would have caused the nail plates to be greasy and oily, preventing proper adhesion. Also if you did a soak beforehand, then water may have still been present in the sidewalls, also preventing proper adhesion.

Always do your Minx / Shellac service first and THEN proceed with soaks, paraffin etc etc :hug:

ETA: Always use scrubfresh to temporarily dehydrate the nail plate prior to Minx application also, this increases it's longevity by helping it to really adhere to the nail plate well

Thanks for your advice, I did try to dehydrate the nail with varnish remover but obviously not enough.

Think I've Learnt a new lesson there x

Thanks for your advice, I did try to dehydrate the nail with varnish remover but obviously not enough.

Think I've Learnt a new lesson there x

You need to scrubfresh the area to sufficiently dehydrate, polish remover won't do this as well. If you haven't already, get yourself an account with Sweet Squared and definitely get yourself some of this. I use it as part of my prep for everything I do now and it really works :)

Latest posts

Back