Minx?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question time :D

Does it last longer than pro applied enamel ?

Compared to trade price enamel whats the difference in price ? (maybe in percentage to avoid posting prices)

Would you charge a premium for this service ?

Is it as faster or faster to apply than enamel ?

Will samples be available ?

And finally will you (S2) be selling the infa red lamps ?

Thank you :D

Question time :D

Does it last longer than pro applied enamel ? Well I can only say how long it lasted on my toes - 3 weeks (but it was me that took Minx off) and they woul;d still be on otherwise. I knocked one whilst at the CND training (ouch) and so I had messed him up. You don't get chipping but the edges can wear off eventually!

Compared to trade price enamel whats the difference in price ? (maybe in percentage to avoid posting prices) Becki - I am back to work today and honestly... right now I don't know the price for one sheet of 18 veneers - I think about £5.20 for the metallics and less for the normal (compare to one bottle of enamel at £3.25)

Would you charge a premium for this service ? Absolutely. You would charge this as extra on top of manicure or enhancments (again I need to check to keep it simple for you).

Is it as faster or faster to apply than enamel ? It took Geeg 10 minutes to do my toes. The difference is NO DRYING - your done!! Now this was the 1st time she did them. With added experience I reckon that time could go down!

Will samples be available ? I am not sure - will need to check!

And finally will you (S2) be selling the infa red lamps ? We sorced one (the one we are currently using) but felt it too expensive so once again, whilst Sam and I have been away in sunny CA, this has been worked on so I'll comment later. BTW there are many that sell Infrared lamps... we just want a small version of what is currently available!

Thank you :D
You are welcome!! :hug:

Fabulous Sam,thankyou for taking the time to answer i'll check back for further info xxxx

Well they certainly look gorgeous on your feet Sam... :hug:

I did the images for a step by step when last at Sweet Squared. So hopefully, Samuel will let me post a step by step here on the site with the images.

Minx is EASY to do and not at all faffy . Once you are set up at your desk and ready to go (setting up means choosing your Minx design and turning on your Infra Red lamp :lol:) it takes about 8-10 minutes.

Minx are not delicate like foils. They are very user friendly and easy to handle. I did Mrs Geeks toes in her kitchen at midnight in (not the most ideal of situations with she sitting on the counter top and I on a chair) in about 10 minutes.

Can you see the possibilities??? Perfect nail art (we are not all artists) applied to every nail in Minutes at a cost that is finally acceptable and affordable to your clients??
Why do we think most clients have only ONE or TWO nails decorated?? BECAUSE THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE THEM ALL DONE .. NEITHER THE MONEY NOR THE TIME. Now they can.

Minx are already DRY ... No waiting NO smudging. No top coat to seal the design either.

And finally ........... They are FUN. We all need a little fun at the nail desk. :green:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I just add that I have a split that goes down the centre of my thumb nail and it still splits with polish. However, with MINX, it didn't show through and didn't split. xxx

I have posted this pic on behalf of helen griffiths...she is a fellow geek and ordered minx after seeing the other thread...this was he first attempt at them and i think they look pretty impressive if you ask me.
I would have posted earlier but wanted to get her permission to post...which i have :)
Helen is doing some chrome and black zebra stripes for some one next week i think which sound fab ....cant wait to see them!!

Attachments

• minx.pdf
    221.8 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_2714.pdf
    197.2 KB · Views: 410
Speaking as a working nail technician I will report :lol: that I did demos for 3 days using ScrubFresh and enamel remover etc and my Minxed nails stayed looking perfect -- solvents didn't touch them.

How great is that?? Nail techs can never keep polish on when working and now you can and advertise what you are doing at the same time!!

PERFECT!

Do you need additional training to do Minx? Where would you get the infa-red lamp etc? Is there a starter kit?

Thanx

This morn i changed my Facebook status to 'sick of having chipped nail polish'

I need to be minxed...

Do you need additional training to do Minx? Where would you get the infa-red lamp etc? Is there a starter kit?

Thanx

There is an optimum method of applying Minx that works the easiest ... I'm sure we will be glad to demo it anytime and there are also advanced ways to use them ... but you know what?? You guys are so talented, I bet you end up teaching us what you can do with them that even Minx hasn't figured out yet. :lol:

Already Kelly (who works in customer care) has cut the minx out and applied the design just to the tips of her nails. They look gorgeous. You can also layer them for different effects. But my guess is that (like using PopIts) the simpler you keep it the more money you will make from it. Start getting too fancy dancy and you will loose the advantage of quick timing.

Last edited:
I have posted this pic on behalf of helen griffiths...she is a fellow geek and ordered minx after seeing the other thread...this was he first attempt at them and i think they look pretty impressive if you ask me.
I would have posted earlier but wanted to get her permission to post...which i have :)
Helen is doing some chrome and black zebra stripes for some one next week i think which sound fab ....cant wait to see them!!

They look lovely Helen. More pics!!

They look great, i'm quite suprised how good they look on shorter nails too!

Very impressed.

Would love to have them done myself!!!:eek:

Geeg was sporting metallic gold with black leopard spots - :wink2::biggrin:
Leopard print :eek: See I always knew Gigi was a little MINX :green:

They are FUN. We all need a little fun at the nail desk. :green:
Y'know me hun, I couldn't agree more,
But when it's fun, easy, good looking, long lasting and at the top of the trend right now... EVEN BLOOMIN BETTER !!!!!
If it's good enough for beyonce...it's good enough for me !! lol..

These sound really interesting, I can't wait to see them...(I promise not to get as excited as I did before the popit launch lol)

I can't remember where I seen them but I did see a lot of the designs a long time ago..and I just know it will be a good selling point for the teenagers, for full coverage, and girls of my age for the tips !
And I can see it being VERY popular for toes....
(based on my area of course)

Why 18 peices though...when people have 10 fingers ? I HATE oddness lol....
(which is unusual...as I myself am rather odd lol)

Why 18 peices though...when people have 10 fingers ? I HATE oddness lol....
(which is unusual...as I myself am rather odd lol)

I think that the 18 pieces will be a size range that will accommodate either fingers or toes xxx

I think that the 18 pieces will be a size range that will accommodate either fingers or toes xxx

That's it, Hope, and some of the large ones can also be split into two to accommodate sizes we use the most. You will get 2 sets out of each pack of 18. Depending what you do with them you may get much more.

Can't believe I've seen this thread today - had had a bloomin' dream about minx nail things last night - how spooky...and yes, I do dream about nails - lots!

Will be looking forward to getting my mitts minxed asap!:lol:

Can't believe I've seen this thread today - had had a bloomin' dream about minx nail things last night - how spooky...and yes, I do dream about nails - lots!

Will be looking forward to getting my mitts minxed asap!:lol:

these sound pretty fab, right up my street

I 'minxed' my toes last night! First couple were a bit fiddly...just settling into choosing the right size and fitting it well, but it soon falls into place and becomes easy! I think my feet are a bit odd though as my toenails aren't really that symmetrical!:confused: But they look fab from above!

I went for hot pink with silver hearts shot through....and I'm minxing my fingernails 'silver lightening' tonight for the yacht club summer ball tomorrow night....see if I can attract some nice new clientele! :)

When are they hitting Aussie's way down here!!!! wow they look great...

I Too dream about nails.... it drives me nuts.....

I have a red ray lamp from my grandfathers back injury... I just need to get my hands on some to have a try....

If you get bubbles or creases in them ( just assuming that you can).. are you able to take them off and start again as long as they are still warm?.....
Also there was a special file mentioned... can i use one of my CND files for the job?.
Ta Mel

Latest posts

Back