Minx?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When are they hitting Aussie's way down here!!!! wow they look great...

I Too dream about nails.... it drives me nuts.....

I have a red ray lamp from my grandfathers back injury... I just need to get my hands on some to have a try....

If you get bubbles or creases in them ( just assuming that you can).. are you able to take them off and start again as long as they are still warm?.....
Also there was a special file mentioned... can i use one of my CND files for the job?.
Ta Mel

It's a bit like wall paper .. if you get a bubble or a kink you just peel it back and re-lay it down ... very very easy.

I 'minxed' my toes last night! First couple were a bit fiddly...just settling into choosing the right size and fitting it well, but it soon falls into place and becomes easy! I think my feet are a bit odd though as my toenails aren't really that symmetrical!:confused: But they look fab from above!

I went for hot pink with silver hearts shot through....and I'm minxing my fingernails 'silver lightening' tonight for the yacht club summer ball tomorrow night....see if I can attract some nice new clientele! :)

They sound completely lush!!!!! So do you have the proper lamp? If not, what did you use to heat them up? Did you get your Minx from S2 or direct from Minx?

Sorry for the bombard of questions, but I need to know!!!!

:hug:

They sound completely lush!!!!! So do you have the proper lamp? If not, what did you use to heat them up? Did you get your Minx from S2 or direct from Minx?

Sorry for the bombard of questions, but I need to know!!!!

:hug:

I got them from S2. Their mini catalogue isn't quite ready yet I don;t beleive but they suggested I had a look on the Minx Nails website and chose my designs and then they gave me a price for them, and i ordered.

I haven't done my fingernails yet....I had a full client book yesterday and was sailing yesterday evening, so I just knew I'd wreck them. By the time I got in I was too knackered! So I'm minxing my fingernails today! I don't have the proper lamp - yet. I used hubby's heat gun! lol! As I say it was a trial although I'm very pleased so far, and will definitely get the lamp if I get bookings now, which I'm pretty confident of tbh. Everyone I've told/shown so far, loves them!

I got them from S2. Their mini catalogue isn't quite ready yet I don;t beleive but they suggested I had a look on the Minx Nails website and chose my designs and then they gave me a price for them, and i ordered.

I haven't done my fingernails yet....I had a full client book yesterday and was sailing yesterday evening, so I just knew I'd wreck them. By the time I got in I was too knackered! So I'm minxing my fingernails today! I don't have the proper lamp - yet. I used hubby's heat gun! lol! As I say it was a trial although I'm very pleased so far, and will definitely get the lamp if I get bookings now, which I'm pretty confident of tbh. Everyone I've told/shown so far, loves them!

Wow, thanks! As I'm mobile I could use a clients hairdryer to trial it as a service before investing in the lamp.......

Hmmm, loads to think about. Can you post a pic of your minxed fingers?

Oooh...found the camera....and someone to take a better pic!

Attachments

• Minx Nails.jpg
    Minx Nails.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 12,962
were these done over your natural nails or over enhancements? Just wondered if they could be put over the top of Bio gel enhancements? They do look fab!

Marjorie
x

Gorgeous Lyndsay xxx

Thanks for the piccie xx

were these done over your natural nails or over enhancements? Just wondered if they could be put over the top of Bio gel enhancements? They do look fab!

Marjorie
x

They are over Bio! xx

they all look gorgeaous...like those silver sugared almonds....
love the idea of leopard print....

they all look gorgeaous...like those silver sugared almonds....
love the idea of leopard print....

OK ... these are not bad but the trick is to lay down at the cuticle and then s.t.r.e.t.c.h them down the middle and over and under the free edge. Then use your thumbs from the middle to each side wall starting at th eponychium and working toward the free edge. They shoud be absolutely smooth like the picture of Mrs Geeks toes that I did.
Then you need the glass Minx file (or any glass file) to file the free edge and free the excess.

Your free edges need trimming properly. Certainly you do not want any overhanging material which will bug the hell out of you and shorten the life of the Minx veneer. Normal files shred the ends and do not work as well as a glass file. The finer the grit the better if you don't have a Minx file but I have tried them all and the glass file works best.

Finally ... you can use a hair drier to warm up the Minx or another non direct heat source but an infra red lamp works best. We are working on getting a lamp which will be very reasonable. I got mine from Ellisons but it is pricey but infrared is quite the best thing to use if the truth be told.

S2 is now the official UK distributor and Minx will no longer deal direct with customers in the UK, as you would expect of an ethical company.

Attachments

• minx-toes bt gigi.jpg
    minx-toes bt gigi.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,089
They look amazing!!!!!!!!!!
Ive had a gander on the website and I am sooo loving them!! My favs are the skulls with flowers!! Im defo gonna get me some!!!!

When I used to use foils - I loved the metallic effect but they just didn't stay put - and were easily dented - and wished someone would bring out a foil effect that would last.

Looks like my wish came true...have to give these a go!!!

When I used to use foils - I loved the metallic effect but they just didn't stay put - and were easily dented - and wished someone would bring out a foil effect that would last.

Looks like my wish came true...have to give these a go!!!

And Minx are so much easier than foils to apply. Minx are not delicate, and you could never get the same effects with foils. There are no other products needed either ... no adhesive, no top coat, no solvents to aid removal .... VERY green.

Once at Paris Fashion Week, one of the designers wanted this smooth shiny metallic effect on all the models' nails. Impossible to do with the short amount of time involved ... If we had had Minx then ... it could have been done in 10 minutes on each model ... he would have been overjoyed.
But we didn't!! :cry:

Are the minx files also glass files ?
I can't bear the thought of a glass file....my teeth ache just typing the word lol,
(and I am not exaggerating )
They reeeeaaalllyy go through me..

(Emm's crosses fingers)

has anyone tried them over natural fingernails?
i was wondering how well they last without an acrylic base?

has anyone tried them over natural fingernails?
i was wondering how well they last without an acrylic base?

Mrs Geek's toes are natural nails & I think I read they lasted 5 weeks...... I'll go and check that out now!

Yep, in the CND Social Group Mrs Geek said her toes lasted 5 weeks and she changed them out of choice rather than the Minx looking tatty.......

I NEED to be Minxed!

Latest posts

Back