Minx?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andi

Reaction score
Can anyone out there advise me I have just been reading in the latest Scratch magazine about something called 'Minx', I don't know anything about this. Is it just another polish or is it a different system for enhancements. I just do natural manicures, anyone know of this product, thanks.

It's ok I have just found the relevant thread so I will keep watching.

Last edited:
i was wondering the same thing eactly.... think its a new nail coating

They are definitely NOT faffy Jen I promise :Look_righ;):Look_left - and they're not foils (like the traditional ones). Gigi Minxed my toe nails 3 weeks ago with the Mirrored Silver and they have lasted the whole time we were in the US with no problems.

It took her 10 minutes flat with nothing more than an Infra-Red Lamp which warms up the film. You size the Minx to the nail.. peel it off and stick directly on the nail (scrubfresh first), you simply stretch the Minx over the free edge and using the Minx Diamond File... file off the excess. As the Minx veneer cools down it shrink wraps itself to the nail. You can even use Scrubfresh over them and it doesn't effect them so perfect for working nail teks!

In the Californian sun my toes nails looked like mirrors and I had comments from everyone.... 'what polish is on your toes it's amazing' and of course, it's NOT a polish!

We have done a step-by-step which will be out shortly as we are doing a Mini Minx Catalogue to insert into the S2 one. We will include it in the next 3.0.0 S2 cat when we are ready.

A few other points; you need no solvents, top coats etc and after they are applied, your client can walk out the door. You can premium price them and the metallics will walk off the shelf. EVERYONE who saw my toes wanted them.

Before I hear Pictures please... the inside front cover of Aug Scratch shows the silver but it isn't a brilliant pic - the only one we had to work with.... more to come! I am having gold toes next!! :cool:

omg!!
these sound fab!!

i want to be minxed!

Have to say i am so excited about these...cant wait for The Event to see them...

To think i can wear these and not have to worry about Scrubfresh....brill.

this sounds fantastic... Can't wait to get minxed.

i love wearing polish and as a nail tech this will be a perfect way to keep the colour on.

even the name Minx is great, very catchy

Who do these belong to? :D :D

i did post this picture in the other thread but as interest seems to have picked up i thought i would post again.
xx

Attachments

• nailsmagcover.jpg
    nailsmagcover.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 517
Who do these belong to? :D :D

Arghhh that's the first time I have seen this. I am guilty - they are mine!! Thanks Babe :Love:

BTW How cool do those look! Kelly if you are around, you are Minxing me Gold this week! x

so basically we could use these like we do coloured gels...??? build the nail with clear/pink for strength and then finish with Minx instead of enamel/coloured gel......?

So let me get this straight.....is there an art to this or does it require alot of trickery....this sounds very intriguing....i wonder if there will be many colours available,or is it just a pure metallic look....I think i need to get back on the horse again...LOL:D

wow they are so shiny, proper Chrome trims :biggrin:

so basically we could use these like we do coloured gels...??? build the nail with clear/pink for strength and then finish with Minx instead of enamel/coloured gel......?

You don't need to have an enhancment - they go over natural nails just as easy. There was nothing on my toes at all! But of course they go over enhancements perfectly.

Geeg was sporting metallic gold with black leopard spots - I wasn't sure about them at all but they looked brilliant - they do PINK leopard spots as well which are very Katie Price and I know a bunch of teks who will LOVE them!

The secret is the infra-red lamp and the slight stretch over the free edge; I have been told a hairdryer works too but faffy as they will fly off the table :Scared:.... but once they cool they start to shrink so with the infrared - it keeps them pliable for a long time and if you get any bumps you can just pull them out. I understand many beauty salons have infrared lamps to warm up rooms and bodies for massage... so if you have one - Minx is your Uncle! :wink2::biggrin:

So let me get this straight.....is there an art to this or does it require alot of trickery....this sounds very intriguing....i wonder if there will be many colours available,or is it just a pure metallic look....I think i need to get back on the horse again...LOL:D

If you go on to the minx website, they have lots of differnet colours and designs that you can view on there. The metallic ones are just more eyecatching IMO.

So does the skin around the nail get hot, hot enough for clients to complain :rolleyes:

Sam I want your feet!!!! Mine are knarled and wonky!!!!

I had mine done and the tech used a regular hair dryer as she'd forgotten her lamp. Very quick and easy and they last for weeks with no chipping.

The girls on the brow bars that I train where them on their toes and I can't tell you how many passers by stop and ask about them. They look brilliant and they are fantastic for natural nails.

I got fed up after a few weeks so I did what she told me and just held the hair dryer over them and peeled them off. Strange, as they don't come off in the bath etc. xxx

So does the skin around the nail get hot, hot enough for clients to complain :rolleyes:

no not at all - you heat the film with the Minx veneers - keep that on your table and under the lamp (it does help if your clients hands are warm) and just pop on the ones you have sized.

As to Kim's point:
I got fed up after a few weeks so I did what she told me and just held the hair dryer over them and peeled them off. Strange, as they don't come off in the bath etc.

I have wondered that 1000 times but hot baths and weather doesn't effect them. I peeled mine off yesterday without the help of any heat or a lamp and no problems but I am not sure if that is allowed. They didn't hurt my toe nails at all!! Check the Sweet Squared home site and see the comments.

Tonilee thank you - I used to pick my toe nails as a teenager :Scared: and stopped when I fell in love with shoes!! :wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back