Mirror effect nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
So, I've tried out the mirror effect nail and this is what I get.... I can't see myself in it so I'm guessing it isn't a mirror! :o :D

Has anyone got any pics that look like a mirror or am I being fooled...

Attachments

• 1468182955097.jpg
    1468182955097.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 415
I suspect you have not used No Wipe top coat, or you haven't removed the sticky dispersion layer? Therefore you're just getting the glitter effect not the chrome look.

If you don't have No Wipe topcoat you need to dry wipe the sticky layer off first, no cleanser/IPA, just using a dry lint free pad or kitchen roll works too

Then generously apply pigment and rub hard with your eyeshadow applicator

Ahh brill, that's exactly what I've done - applied as I would with glitter - I shall try again in the morning x

Can I ask, why does the top coat need to be 'no wipe'??

Still not having much luck. I'm wondering if it's the brand of powder that's causing the issue?

What are you using?

Can I ask, why does the top coat need to be 'no wipe'??

Still not having much luck. I'm wondering if it's the brand of powder that's causing the issue?

It needs to be 'no wipe' as it doesn't leave a sticky dispersion layer, the powder needs to adhere to a totally smooth surface to allow the buff to chrome shine. The fine particles in the powder are attracted to the brand new surface like dust to static charge.

If there is a sticky layer it clumps and cannot be rubbed to a shine

So the powder is rubbed into top coat not colour coat is this right?

So the powder is rubbed into top coat not colour coat is this right?

Yes, rubbed into the No Wipe topcoat not the colour coat. If you YouTube it there are hundeds of videos showing you how

Yeah i have watched videos, some do show onto colour coat though and rubbed with lint free wipe. Will get some other top coat, thanks.

Mines same and ive done what im meant to A pinky one i got has gone more mirror but the silver just wont go :-( xx

Yeah i have watched videos, some do show onto colour coat though and rubbed with lint free wipe. Will get some other top coat, thanks.

It should be top coat with sticky layer removed if necessary, I haven't seen anyone do it straight on to colour coat. Thats why it doesn't work, it needs to be top coat. I've done it by mistake on colour coat when I've got over excited and forgotten to topcoat first. It sticks all clumpy, trust me, top coat then chrome powder. I've done loads it works everytime

It should be top coat with sticky layer removed if necessary, I haven't seen anyone do it straight on to colour coat. Thats why it doesn't work, it needs to be top coat. I've done it by mistake on colour coat when I've got over excited and forgotten to topcoat first. It sticks all clumpy, trust me, top coat then chrome powder. I've done loads it works everytime
Ahhh... I get it! Thank you will give a whirl tomorrow x

Can i ask what no wipe top coat people are using i only have one from naio nails and its not working!!!? X

Bluesky no wipe top coat is good xx

You can just remove the inhibition layer of a normal topcoat. It doesn't need to be a no wipe.

You can just remove the inhibition layer of a normal topcoat. It doesn't need to be a no wipe.
That didnt work either x

Im having trouble with the chrome. My client wants them redone due to the chrome has worn off the tips and i always cap the free edge. Can anyone give me advice please

Attachments

• 1469650715996.jpg
    1469650715996.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 171
I used blue sky top coat which ive never used before .

Im having trouble with the chrome. My client wants them redone due to the chrome has worn off the tips and i always cap the free edge. Can anyone give me advice please

Personally I think an amount of wear in the free edge is to be expected with any nail service unfortunately. How long ago did you do them?

I only done them 3 days ago.

Latest posts

Back