Miscarriage + business + non understanding clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How awful for you, miscarriage at any stage can be devastating. You need time to heal and your work phone should be switched off.

You should not give the colour brand and numbers that you chose (using your expertise and experience) to this client to hand on to whoever happens to be available at short notice.

This client is insensitive to say the least with her request but perhaps give her the benefit of the doubt as she may have some stuff going on in her life you know nothing about.

Most of my clients that have gone elsewhere when I couldn't fit them in 9 times out of 10 come back to me anyway.

At the end of the day, a client is simply that, a client. Unless of course you do see her as a friend outside of work but then if she behaves in this way, who needs a friend like that?

Forget about her. You have other clients and you will always get more. And I suspect she will come crawling back when the other hairdresser has a bereavement or other life crisis, if you still want her that is which after reading these comments I doubt you do!

Look after yourself lovely. Time really helps xx [emoji8]

Hi all so an update : said client called yesterday and asked to be booked in. I told her the reason i wasn't going to give her that information and also told her I was very upset by what she done. She apologised but i really don't want her to come back ...What should i do? Be unavailable ? X

Awkward. I wouldn't want her back either but you're a professional.

I completely understand why you don't want to book her back in , as it would be awkward and very uncomfortable for you.

What you could do, is to send her an email or text with the following.

Dear xx

Thank you for getting in touch recently and for apologising.

This has been a very distressing time for both my family and I, and understanderbly I will taking some time off.

Unfortunately due to high demand for my services I do have a client waiting list, and as you have recently expressed a wish to go to another salon I have already asked someone on the waiting list If they would like your apt space and they have said yes.

This means, unfortunately I will not longer be able to fit you in I'm afraid for your hair apt or for extensions.

i would be willing to place you on the waiting list and should a client spot come free, I will be in touch in due course to let you know.

Kind regards,

(your name)

Last edited:
I completely understand why you don't want to book her back in , as it would be awkward and very uncomfortable for you.

What you could do, is to send her an email or text with the following.

Dear xx

Thank you for getting in touch recently and for apologising.

This has been a very distressing time for both my family and I, and understanderbly I will taking some time off.

Unfortunately due to high demand for my services I do have a client waiting list, and as you have recently expressed a wish to go to another salon I have already asked someone on the waiting list If they would like your apt space and they have said yes.

This means, unfortunately I will not longer be able to fit you in I'm afraid for your hair apt or for extensions.

i would be willing to place you on the waiting list and should a client spot come free, I will be in touch in due course to let you know.

Kind regards,

(your name)
Yes!

Perfect! I wouldn't have her back personally. This is a great get-out and keeps it professional.

She doesn't deserve you. Well done for telling her off!

Latest posts

Back