Missing Gift Vouchers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
Hi guys, would really appreciate some help on the best way to sort out a problem regarding some missing gift vouchers.

Basically the book of vouchers are kept in reception so when im not there or in treatment they can still be sold to clients and the money is then given to me. Yesterday I sold some and realised that there were TWENTY missing !!!! None of the stubs have been filled in so I have no idea who sold them or when, the vouchers are £10 each so thats £200 un-accounted for and they have gone in the space of a week !!

When Im in next week I will obviously be speaking to the salon owner about this but Im really not sure of the best way of sorting it out or more importantly getting the money !!!

There are several things that I think could of gone wrong, firstly someone has given the beauty vouchers out instead of the hair ones (the vouchers are identical apart from one book is printed with beauty & the other hair), secondly they could of just been sold as normal and no-one has bothered to fill in the stubs and put the money through the hair till or thirdly they've been nicked.

The thing is how do I go about sorting it out ? Im really annoyed about it I can't believe that 20 have just dissapeared into thin air !!!

simple:

you ask for an explanation to where 20 of the gift vouchers have gone and leave it to them to explain.

Its pointless jumping to conclusions before you hear if their is a simple explanation for it.

if their isn't an explanation, then you can then all work TOGETHER to remedy the problem. firstly, backtrack to find out WHO you have genuinely sold gift vouchers too, and make a note of those. Then work out from their how you are going to deal with £200 worth of treatments possibly turning up unaccounted for.

but I know from now on, I will be marking my gift vouchers with a security number and keeping a book with those numbers in, so that I can keep a record of who has bought what, how much, when it expires, when it was redeemed, etc, also who sold the gift voucher, as I am in a similar situation, where the reception staff can sell the vouchers for me.

but I know from now on, I will be marking my gift vouchers with a security number and keeping a book with those numbers in, so that I can keep a record of who has bought what, how much, when it expires, when it was redeemed, etc, also who sold the gift voucher, as I am in a similar situation, where the reception staff can sell the vouchers for me.

The annoying thing is the gift voucher book has all the above information on the stubbs yet they have never been filled in ! :grr::grr:

I forgot to mention it before but I have asked all the girls and all of them have said they haven't sold them, I just don't get how 20 can go missing, grrrrrrr !!

Count the stubs as stolen goods mate and if anyone tries to use them ask who sold them and did they sign the back of the voucher...like you would do/or another salon member of staff yeah? Get my drift? xxx

at least you know which numbers to look for. Perhaps put up a little sign in the reception stating that numbers 010-020 are invalid.

It's quite simple really...........you just ask the owner for the £200 as though you just assumed she's been keeping the money aside for you as normal and see what she says. Let her explain to you what her staff have done.

It's quite simple really...........you just ask the owner for the £200 as though you just assumed she's been keeping the money aside for you as normal and see what she says. Let her explain to you what her staff have done.
I really like this answer, it puts the responsibility right where it belongs:lol:

If possible, get all the staff together, and hopefully someone can explain. They may need to go through their till roll and the hair vouchers, and see if the hair voucher side adds up.

hope it gets sorted out.

they cannot have just vanished

someone must have a explanation

Latest posts

Back