Missing toe nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle77

Reaction score
I had a client visit me this morning for a pedicure and they have a toe nail missing on the big toe. They mentioned having acrylic put on to create toe nail but I advised this would not work.

Is there anything out there that could be used???????

Thanx in advance

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Is there anything there to attach product to at all?

No it is just the bare nail bed. It has been missing for some time.

Michelle77 said:
No it is just the bare nail bed. It has been missing for some time.

What you CAN do (and this is fun) is to fashion her a nail from liquid and powder ... on her toe .... that she can wear and re-use for when she has a special event. With GelBond, the nail will adhere to the skin for a couple of days or more and no worries about overexposure because GelBond is a pharmaceutical grade of resin made for use on the skin.

She can apply it herself whenever she wants to. In fact you could make several nails with different designs for her so she can ring the changes!!

I have done this with a client who had no big toe nail and ahe loved it and was a regular purchaser of GelBond!

That sounds great, can you explain how you do it, sorry!!!!!!

There are a couple of different ways. Don't know what system you use but will describe mine.

First ,coat the whole nail bed with a light oil such as SolarOil. Then using Perfect Clear or Perfect Pink, sculpt a whole nail onto the area. When it is dry, you can buff smooth and shiny. In very little time, the 'nail' will come off because of the oil.

Now you have a nail which can be glued on to the clean toe and will last for several days. The drier the skin on the nail bed, the longer the 'false' nail will stay adhered to the skin. It is best to make several as once the nail comes off, she will need a new one or a drill to clean away the old adhesive beforeit can be reapplied.

Just had to let you know that i think this is a brilliant thread and thanks Geeg for having already encountered this and found us a solution !

good luck trying it out and let us know how you get on

kx

geeg said:
There are a couple of different ways. Don't know what system you use but will describe mine.

First ,coat the whole nail bed with a light oil such as SolarOil. Then using Perfect Clear or Perfect Pink, sculpt a whole nail onto the area. When it is dry, you can buff smooth and shiny. In very little time, the 'nail' will come off because of the oil.

Now you have a nail which can be glued on to the clean toe and will last for several days. The drier the skin on the nail bed, the longer the 'false' nail will stay adhered to the skin. It is best to make several as once the nail comes off, she will need a new one or a drill to clean away the old adhesive beforeit can be reapplied.

Thanks Gigi

I will ring and arrange an appointment, she will be delighted!!!

I use creative so thats even better!!

Wil let you know how it all goes

Thanx again xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back