Missu Soak Off Cool Sculpting Gel - issue soaking off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Areiniah

Reaction score
I have been in love with the application and longevity of the Missu Cool Sculpting Gel. Today I had my first removal of it on a client, and I was surprised that it really struggled to soak off :( Are there any particular instructions for the soak off? I used my efile to bring all the bulk down so just a thin layer remained, I use acetone on cotton pads with soak off clips covering, then hand goes into a plastic bag with large rubber band securing wrist comfortably (helps trap heat in). I waited 15 mins and it wouldn't budge. Efiled even thinner so there was only patches of the gel left on the nail, soaked another 10 mins and again it barely dissolved at all. Ended up needing to gently hand file off and buff the remaining patches. It seems like only the base coat is the part that soaks off, the cool sculpting gel itself just acted the same as file off hard gels. A bit disappointed as I much prefer soaking than filing off clients and was one of the main reasons I chose to use the cool sculpting gel as my main builder gel line. Any advice or experiences from those that have tried soaking it off would be much appreciated! xx

Latest posts

Back