Misuse of Scissors!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomme

Reaction score
Just got home after a night away and my mum has used my scissors to cut open a wallpaper paste packet! Iv literally been sick twice and am shaking, don't know if it's anger, upset, or knowing I will lose £40 Tuesday morning having to go get a new pair.
Iv not got £10 spare after this months bills and costs an now this.

Might be out of a job now after this xoxo

Calm down...Take a deep breath...count slowly to ten...and then SCREAM!

Sorry, I can understand your frustration. My OH nearly did something similar but I managed to stop him in time.

Your mum just made a genuine mistake. Maybe they will still be ok to use for a short while longer until you have more cash to replace them?

Don't know but don't want to risk my building reputation trying it. But no it wasn't a genuine mistake, my scissors are never left lying around, they are put into barbicide when im at home.

My oh knows he's not allowed to even touch the lid of the jar never mind the scissors. Iv even given her a pair of my old training scissors.

Anyone know of a sharpening company who can collect today and get them back by Tuesday morning or do at home/ salon sharpening?
Another bloody loan will be needed if I can't :'(
Xoxo

I cannot help you with tools sorry, but I do have a little trick that helps me feel better. Underwater screaming. Try it, it truly works.

:-( ive been in clients houses before and theyve ask if they can use my scissors to cut something!
aaaaggggghhhh,so annoying!
Hope u still talking to ya mum and get ya scissors sorted x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Just got home after a night away and my mum has used my scissors to cut open a wallpaper paste packet! Iv literally been sick twice and am shaking, don't know if it's anger, upset, or knowing I will lose £40 Tuesday morning having to go get a new pair.

So annoying when someone does this! I refuse to lend my scissors out at college too as they're clumsy and drop their own nearly every lesson and it's impossible to get the quality back :( hope you can sort something.. I'd get her to replace them lol like you say you can't afford a new pair at the minute they're damaged because of her! xx

Hope you get something sorted. I can only imagine how your feeling. I'm only training and have the basic training ones but I'm so protective over them. My husband keeps winding me up by pretending he's used them to cut stuff because he knows what I'm like over them and this must be so much worse because your where probably a really dear set.

Sick twice !!! Calm down ! Have you tried the scissors to see if they're still usable ? If she'd done it without you knowing you might just think they're on the way to needing sharpening at some point ( I have had this done with my scissors ) try them and see x

Asked my fella to pop to Sally's when he finishes work. Iv just got some chocolate, and am going in the bath in a bit. Xoxo
Thanks every1 for calming me down. Xoxo

Hope you calm down soon, try some of that underwater screaming in the bath lol

I can imagine how you feel . . . it's like my daughter using my best l&p brush for her art homework . . . . only l&p brushes are sooooo much cheaper than scissors

You'll have to hide them in future xx

When I was a little junior I saved up all my money for scissors and 3 weeks later came home to find custard on my scissors on kitchen work top........turns out my mum could open the carton of custard so decided my sharp scissors would do it lol x

Done screaming in the bath, but still got no scissors, sallys had shut :( told him to get the £20 training ones to last a day or 2. Worst part is I was going to save and treat myself to a jowel convex pair but can't really justify getting them not long after a new pair of half decent ones xoxo

Have you tried cutting with your scissors ? Try before you buy another pair, you might find your scissors are still better and comfortable than a cheap stand in pair x

calm down dear! lol same thing happened to me a few years ago, i got home from a day out shopping to find my mother using my scissors to cut up raw chicken to go in a curry! I was fuming and made her buy me a new pair! lol A little tip i got from a well known hairdresser when he came and did a training day at our salon, cut some foil with your scissors, about 5/6 snips, have a go it really does work! xx

seriously that sounds scary, might dig out old ones to try..

calm down dear! lol same thing happened to me a few years ago, i got home from a day out shopping to find my mother using my scissors to cut up raw chicken to go in a curry! I was fuming and made her buy me a new pair! lol A little tip i got from a well known hairdresser when he came and did a training day at our salon, cut some foil with your scissors, about 5/6 snips, have a go it really does work! xx

In college there was students cutting their foils up with their scissors and I thought it would do the opposite effect and blunt them lol x

Latest posts

Back