Mixing 9/16 Wella kp tint and L'Oreal peroxide 6%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charl9313

Reaction score
sutton coldfield birmingham uk and luqa, malta
hi all,
im mostly a wella girl but love my loreal too, anyways, friend wants her hair doing, (highlights full head) ive got loreal peroxide, no wella peroxide, and always use 9/16 wella kp and then 10/16 kp on her t-section, (and loreal 9.12 maji is hard to come by nowadays,) so really wanting to stick to my wella tints, when using a loreal tint ive always used loreal peroxide and with wella the same, same tint same peroxide, both brands boast about how the tint conditions with the peroxide, however, i met a mobile hairdresser the other day who mixes majirel with a cheaper brand of peroxide, and the result was fine, if i use my wella tint with loreal peroxide do you think i should be fine? using 10/16 wella kp on t-section with 6% loreal perox, and bleach with 9% (hi tech peroxide) the rest of the head 9/16 wella kp with loreal 6% perox, and bleach with 9% (hi tech again)

From my experience you will be fine to intermix peroxides. X

From my experience you will be fine to intermix peroxides. X

the mobile hairdresser i met the other day mixed majirel with a cheaper peroxide, but ive never heard of anyone using wella tint and then a different peroxide brand, as its not the highlift 12 range that im using i think i should be alright, but just double checking!! as 9/16 has so much tone in it, i dont want to lose any of that tone, and the lights looking like a standard 9 base, the ask and violet tones always come up beautifully in her hair when ive mixed it with wella perox, but like i said ive never tried it with a different brand peroxide

you will not GET the same result, color house have ther eown peroxide for a reason, the number one being if the client has a reaction or severe reaction your insurance would be invalid !!! and also the shine will not be there either and you wil lsee a very flat color, i tried this once and once only with muy color house Matrix and the difference was incredible, so hence why i dont use the cheap peroxide, but do be warned on the insurance side of it !!!!

you will not GET the same result, color house have ther eown peroxide for a reason, the number one being if the client has a reaction or severe reaction your insurance would be invalid !!! and also the shine will not be there either and you wil lsee a very flat color, i tried this once and once only with muy color house Matrix and the difference was incredible, so hence why i dont use the cheap peroxide, but do be warned on the insurance side of it !!!!

there isnt a problem insurance wise as shes my mate, you were saying that the color was flat though when u tried a different peroxide? were the tones absent??

has anyone tried a wella tint and a different peroxide?

the coverage was fair, the color looked dull and the tones looked dreadful as you say it is a friend and she wont mind, i would, and remmeber if something went wrong do be careful ~!

i have intermixed peroxides on a few rare occasions. you'll be ok hun.x

I'd never use anything other than socolor and color sync developer!! With my matrix colours, I've got so many bottles in stock!! Oh p.s 6886 what's with two holes in my bottles of peroxide? In the lid?

mmmmm not sure i will have to check my stock now tmrw ......

i am so not sure why folk would buy a premium color and then a cheap peroxide ? WHY

it is like wearing a vivienne westwood dress with primark shoes, does not work

I'd never use anything other than socolor and color sync developer!! With my matrix colours, I've got so many bottles in stock!! Oh p.s 6886 what's with two holes in my bottles of peroxide? In the lid?

what do you mean? im a little confused, do you intermix or stick the same brand for everything? thanks for the replies guys, but really looking for someone who uses wella and loreal to see if they can intermix as both brands go on and on how your not supposed to intermix, but of course they want you to buy everything from their brand for the money dont they so tricky situation, im a split boat!! i know that intermixing majirel tint is possible, and loreal say dont intermix, and it was fine, so surely wella should be fine too?

I will confess (and no shouting geeks) I have used intermixing brands on my own hair and only my own for toning but does leave hair flat colour (which is what I wanted) wouldn't on a client tho just in case x

I'm solely matrix for everything!! Even stain remover!!

No intermixing is not good because each brand design their peroxide differently esp wella, 3% doesn't work well with the tones in wella, so 6% is used a lot it will work but like has been said, your insurance is invalid!! Unless you use everything your manufacturer suggests for use with their colour.

I agree blue 😃 as I said only
On myself and After a raid of my supplies as I was trained in both (I don't mind trying anything on my own hair) just NOT anyone else's! You know lots about loreal don't you do could I ask you a quest about lowlights colour I need to do tomorrow?

I have use wella 9.16 with a hitech peroxide came out fine, also used 12.81 with hitech peroxide came out fine tones and all. But I must say when I use the proper brand peroxide mainly on the blonde 12.81 you get a better colour it lifted better not has dull.

Latest posts

Back