Mixing color & bleach together?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGlam08

Reaction score
Awhile back I read in a BTC magazine that If you want perfectly toned highlights .. Mix bleach and hair color. Can't remember what the exact ratio was, and I think they said a level 7. I know you don't have to use a level 7 but I've only been doing hair a few years and have never purposely mixed bleach with color. Does anyone do this? How does it turn out? Just kid of scared to try it on someone..

Awhile back I read in a BTC magazine that If you want perfectly toned highlights .. Mix bleach and hair color. Can't remember what the exact ratio was, and I think they said a level 7. I know you don't have to use a level 7 but I've only been doing hair a few years and have never purposely mixed bleach with color. Does anyone do this? How does it turn out? Just kid of scared to try it on someone..

The bleach would destroy the colour pigment so how would this work :s x

I work with some techs with add a 'sprinkle' into there highlift tints when foiling. Apparently they learnt it on a creative colour course with L'Oreal

Why not just use bleach then tone if your not getting the lift you want from your high lift?
I have worked with stylists who sprinkle bleach into high lift..the result? Tone less or yellow highlights which swell and bleed out of the foils

I work with some techs with add a 'sprinkle' into there highlift tints when foiling. Apparently they learnt it on a creative colour course with L'Oreal

I've seen it done, but again it attacks the dye load and unstabalises lifting process x

I've seen it done, but again it attacks the dye load and unstabalises lifting process x

It's for lazy techs who can't be bothered waiting 50mins for high lifts to work properly :)

I've never done it, but if I wanted to achieve that look I'd use Wella Magma because that's basically what that is. x

Latest posts

Back