Mixing different brand of peroxide and tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bouxbeauty

Reaction score
Hi, I still have Hive peroxide and had to re stock my tints which are now professional systems.
I know general rule of thumb is use the same brand tint and peroxide but is it ok?
I’ve mixed the pro system grey with the hive peroxide before and it worked fine. I just wonder what other people’s thoughts are?
Thanks

It will probably be ok but you can’t guarantee the results and longevity of the colour. Also, you need to be honest with your clients if you’re charging for a pro brand colour.

To compare: if you booked a decorator in to paint your living room and chose a colour from the Farrow & Ball range then discovered they’d used B&Q undercoat instead.

It will probably be ok but you can’t guarantee the results and longevity of the colour. Also, you need to be honest with your clients if you’re charging for a pro brand colour.

To compare: if you booked a decorator in to paint your living room and chose a colour from the Farrow & Ball range then discovered they’d used B&Q undercoat instead.
You be surprised how often that very thing with those actual brands happens....and not just with the undercoat! :eek:
Sorry my post is nothing to do with beauty or hair but its a lesson that we should all check that what we're getting is the genuine article!

Sorry I should have said it’s for brows

Ah, in that case, I wouldn’t mix two different brown tint systems.

Latest posts

Back