Mixing drinks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRx

Reaction score
Hi random question.. always hear people saying dont mix wine and vodka.. does the same apply for champagne and vodka? Dont want to end up ill haha x

Thanx xx

The saying is never mix the grape and the grain...which unfortunatley covers champagne and voddy lol. I don't know if its true though, i suppose there is only one way to find out lol. Enjoy your night x

If you stick to the grain or grape rule, you can drink champagne and gin! :) enjoy! xxxx

my sister drank champagne and vodka she didn't remember the night and she got in a fight ! not like her at all , wouldn't recommend it ( she drank a hell of a lot though lol ) x:irked:

I also think it depends on the person.

Wine gets me drunk much quicker than vodka, but you may be fine.

You know what they say about champagne ( perfume going in and poison coming out ) but I do have a tip for a hangover rehydration salts have one when you get home and take the full allowance the next day and plenty fulids ,i hangover is mostly dehydration :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

NEVER mix the grape and grain, I learnt that the hard way!! Night out on vodka and lemonade with vodka shots, then somone ordered a bottle of champagne for their birthday, long story short I was sick as a dog at work the next morning (half 4 waking up to bake food at one of my old jobs...not good!)

Also, do not drink lots of banana drinks eg banana mama, it separated in my stomach after I had like 6 when I was on honeymoon, went up to our room and threw them all up about 10 mins after i drank the last one, felt so much better afterwards though!!

Leanne
X

The old saying... Beer before wine makes you feel fine, wine before beer makes you feel queer.
Basically grape and grain again haha xoxo

I used to mix in my younger days. didnt make a difference, i was always ill.
Dont want to get ill, dont drink full stop lol

If I have too much I have 2 headache pills ( used to be solphadine but they make me a bit buzzy !! ) and an anti nausea tablet called motilium before bed with water and same in the morning ! I'm gonna get some dyoralite for the festive season and have that before bed, suposed to do the trick !!
I can't bare being hung over so try to be sensible but when the drinks in the wits out !
Personally for me wine makes me really ill and if I have wine then a sprit with a mixer :cry: :green: urgh ILL !

I've discovered eating a good meal around 4pm means I can pretty well drink what I want!
Although in general I Agee with not mixing grape and grain. (But I have done on many an occasion!!!!)

If I have too much I have 2 headache pills ( used to be solphadine but they make me a bit buzzy !! ) and an anti nausea tablet called motilium before bed with water and same in the morning ! I'm gonna get some dyoralite for the festive season and have that before bed, suposed to do the trick !!
I can't bare being hung over so try to be sensible but when the drinks in the wits out !
Personally for me wine makes me really ill and if I have wine then a sprit with a mixer :cry: :green: urgh ILL !

Please DO NOT take paracetamol when drunk thay are processed through the liver :-/

NEVER mix the grape and grain, I learnt that the hard way!! Night out on vodka and lemonade with vodka shots, then somone ordered a bottle of champagne for their birthday, long story short I was sick as a dog at work the next morning

I had never thought of Vodka as a grain, but this explains last NYE I was on Cava which never upsets me and shots, I spent 1st January 2012 with the loo!
However I doubt this year will be any different 😉

It's the alcohol content of the drinks and how many not type that make you sick, remember wine in a glass is often more than standard serve. I asked this question on a responsible service of alcohol course was told mixing drinks has no effect at all it's the amount that dose the damage. Usually we switch when drunk already so assume it's the grain etc. Unless you have a wheat intolerance etc. I know scotch makes me angry but that would be because I drink it faster.

Please DO NOT take paracetamol when drunk thay are processed through the liver :-/

I think a belly full of booze through the liver is worse Than 2 paracetamol ! But I will take heed ! X

NEVER mix the grape and grain, I learnt that the hard way!! Night out on vodka and lemonade with vodka shots, then somone ordered a bottle of champagne for their birthday, long story short I was sick as a dog at work the next morning

I had never thought of Vodka as a grain, but this explains last NYE I was on Cava which never upsets me and shots, I spent 1st January 2012 with the loo!
However I doubt this year will be any different 😉

I never thought of vodka as a grain either until that night out!! Didn't even have that much to drink either!

Those baby guiness shots aren't too bad though, quite nice really!

Leanne
X

I think a belly full of booze through the liver is worse Than 2 paracetamol ! But I will take heed ! X

Please your self ,i did not make up that it is dangerous ,my neice a pharmacist :-#

Please your self ,i did not make up that it is dangerous ,my neice a pharmacist :-#

Hey don't be so touchy it was only ment as a joke !! True tho ! :lol:

Not really being touchy just I bit more serious :-D

ive had a whole weekend of mixing drinks...omg does my head hurt! wine and spirits just mess you about! i love amaretto- i find myself drinking it "on the rocks". hmm i could use a hair of the dog! i feel like i may sleep anywhere right now.....dont mix! xoxo

Latest posts

Back