Mixing Gelish colors, NOT layering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spjelgus

Reaction score
Hi Geeks:)

Have you tried mixing Gelish colors? As in mixing them together while uncured, not layering them?

I have a client who wants a light pink color which i dont have, but I do have sheek white and gossip girl which i thought about mixing together for a lighter one. Can't afford to go out buying new colors at the moment:)

How much Gelish do you think is needed for 2 full coverage coats? I don't want to make to little and not get the same shade the second time nor do I want to waste too much!!!:p

Anyone done this?

I don't like the look of some of them when they are layered so I tried mixing them together instead. I mixed tiger blossom with need a tan as I very rarely use this colour. What i got was a pale version of TB that was really peachy and it looked gorgeous! Only thing was, I mixed a little too much and ended up with loads... however 2 other clients saw it, loved it and ended up with both nails & toes so managed to use it up. maybe just a few drops of each xx good luck:D

Sounds lush what do you put then in once they have bee mixed, I have empty bottles of foundation and top coat, what could I clean then out with or just through them xx

Great! I was thinking about putting them in sample cosmetic jars... I have some from Body Shop laying around... I was playing around on my color wheel earlier trying to get the right color and a found that you really need a large drop of color for each nail for 2 coats. Maybe counting 10 drops of each color into a container is enough... and then some just in case!

If I want a custom colour I always make a little extra in case of the odd repair. I have some cheap flat brushes, and I mix on tin foil, then when done, wrap the brush and foil into a little package and put it away. Keeps it out of the light and there's no waste. Same way as I store rock star brushes.
in making I will ALWAYS use e g

My last post has a bit on the end I couldn't delete from my silly iPhone, ignore! X

I mix my gelish in empty calgel boxes. I leave them mixed up write quanities done for the nxt time and have that colour displayed on stick. Give that colour a wicked name. It's so much fun :0)

Latest posts

Back