Mixing OPI with Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllDaisy

Reaction score
Hi,
So my gel system of choice has always been gelish, but I’ve found a really really nice OPI colour I want to get but of course I have never mixed brands before. Would I be ok to use the usual gelish system (ph bond, foundation and top coat) and the OPI colour?

TIA [emoji4]

Not sure about the OPI but I’d be curious to find out as well. Always wondered if they were as good as Gelish for lasting on clients. I know for years now I’ve been using the IBD just gel polish and the red carpet manicure mixed with my Gelish base coat and topcoat and never had a problem. I will also do sometimes designs using Gelish colors with IBD colors or red carpet manicure colours on top . Never had issues but I am like you, my go to brand is Gelish.

For those of you using OPI colours, can I use my Gelish base and top coat with OPI?

Gelish used to advertise that its foundation and top coat could be used with any brand's color coats - it was a significant part of its ad campaign. I haven't see that for years now. I use both OPI and Gelish and I have both lamps. I have used them together on myself many times and they work well together, but I'm a bit uncertain about using it on a client.

Same as Nancy, done it on myself no issues but wouldn't on a client

I've done it on clients and it's a sure thing. Gelish base and top is great and side both systems are hybrids they work.

I too have done this, and it really does work quite well!

Latest posts

Back