mixing polish with gel !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
hi all, i was just wondering if anyone had mixed there polish in with a clear gel, i bought a really lovely polish the other day and as i am quite hard on my nails and always end up chipping them i thought i'd have a go at mixing equal amounts of polish and clear gel and it looks like its worked ! i cant see any differance between home mix and the manafactures gel colour ?

I don't think you will find that it is equal amounts. Can you fill out your profile a bit more so that we know which gel it is that you are trained in :)

I've done this with NSI gel, only a few drops of polish and then do two layers of gel and it works brill.

I find that just sealing enamel in with glossing gel works well. It's also easy to remove with filing if a change is wanted when you rebalance.

Quick question; if you're mixing enamel with gel, does this affect the cure?

hi, i use akzentz, akzentz is a 2min cure i i did add 30 secs just to make sure though as its quite a dense colour

hi, i use akzentz, akzentz is a 2min cure i i did add 30 secs just to make sure though as its quite a dense colour

Do you have pictures? I wonder how it looks :) I had the same idea, but never tried.

Yes i have tried it with my brisa clear gel and from memory its only a few drops into the gelt hen mix otherwise it may go to runny..?

hi girls
so let me just ask exactly how much polish to gel?
does anyone know if this effects the gel as in being weaker or lifting?
i have one client who gets natural gel nails with polish and have been using the same colour polish on her for 8 years . the one and only time i pursuaded her to try a new colour she hated it and took it off after 2 days so if this works without effecting the standard of her nails it would be amazing
ciara

hi girls
so let me just ask exactly how much polish to gel?
does anyone know if this effects the gel as in being weaker or lifting?
i have one client who gets natural gel nails with polish and have been using the same colour polish on her for 8 years . the one and only time i pursuaded her to try a new colour she hated it and took it off after 2 days so if this works without effecting the standard of her nails it would be amazing
ciara

wow :) what nail polish was it? i can wear one color not more than a week :)

i read somewhere that nail polish actually do affect some gels negatively. it becomes weaker. so, i guess you should try it first with a small quantity of nail polish and see how it works. i have never tried it, so i can not tell you the ratio exactly :) good luck!!!;)

wow :) what nail polish was it? i can wear one color not more than a week :)

i read somewhere that nail polish actually do affect some gels negatively. it becomes weaker. so, i guess you should try it first with a small quantity of nail polish and see how it works. i have never tried it, so i can not tell you the ratio exactly :) good luck!!!;)

hi liliya
i know what you mean about the polish but she will not change. its her own polish , one she buys in a chemist in a rust colour, even when i found a similar colour in the orly range (which i use) she still would not change.
some people have no sence of adventure but then again she is one of my best clients and very loyal so not complaining.
ciara:)

OMG I cant imagine wearing the same polish for 2 weeks let alone years!!:lol:

Good job we're all different!

Julie

OMG I cant imagine wearing the same polish for 2 weeks let alone years!!:lol:

Good job we're all different!

Julie

ha ha ha i know im the same, every time i do her nails i try to get her to pick a new colour but she will not budge. but each to there own i suppose. she is the only client i have who is like this as most of my clients are die hard french fanatics, and never get colour on their nails. most of them thought id lost my mind when i suggested glitter tips for a change.
ciara

I tried mixing glitter with my clear acrylic today, and it worked a treat! I did wonder if it might affect the performance of the acrylic though. Anyone else do this? To save spending a fortune on glitter acrylics!

I love the nailgraphix glitters, where can I get them?

Excellent! Thanks hun :hug:

I can't wait to get back to work and start playing!! (Now i know i can!)

Latest posts

Back