Mixing systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherie0304

Reaction score
Hi. Just a general question. Has anyone ever used acrylic over a hard gel enhancement? I find hard gel very strong over nail tips and just wondered if anyone has tried mixing the two systems. Asked around and been told not to mix but not why?? Interested in anyone's thoughts.

Never done it but short answer would be no that would not be advised

Just interested though in why you would want to do this ?

Never done it but short answer would be no that would not be advised. Just interested though in why you would want to do this ?

Hi. Just wondered why not really. Just occurred to me that hard gel would ensure Tip definitely stayed put with those clients who are hard on their nails and Acrylics give the option to use polish and allows the client to change it up if they want to.

You can use polish over gel.

Like attitude said you can use polish over gel.

I have a client who has hard gel, went to do her infills and she had a power cut so had to use acrylic over the gel. Didn't have any issues. Although not sure why you would intentionally want to mix two systems as can't see any benefit.

Hi. Just a general question. Has anyone ever used acrylic over a hard gel enhancement? I find hard gel very strong over nail tips and just wondered if anyone has tried mixing the two systems. Asked around and been told not to mix but not why?? Interested in anyone's thoughts.

I'm a bit confused too, why would you want to mix the two systems. They are both designed to be used with tips or sculpting, if structured correctly are equally strong and durable. You can use polish over both, you can use Gel polish over both.

You can use Gel over L&P but can run into issues with L&P over Gel as the Gel is slightly softer and therefore slightly more flexible which can cause service breakdown. But again, I don't understand why you would want to??? Its a bit like putting butter over margarine - they both do the same thing but in slightly different ways. Are we missing something?? :confused:

Just a thought! Nothing meant by it. Thx

Latest posts

Back