Mixing tint brands - rant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingfairy

Reaction score
Oh my gosh geeks what a day!

My first client this morning was booked in for an eyelash tint so i grabbed her record card to make sure she had her patch test, thats when i realised that the person who had done the tint test had mixed salon systems black tint, refectocil blue tint with andora peroxide :-o 3 different brands!!! I told my manager, who didnt see a problem and said i was over reacting when i refused to do the treatment! I told her that it would be better to apologise and to re-test the client (using a full system).

She then told me i had no idea what i was talking about and that it is perfectly safe to mix systems like that!

Surely it shouldnt be done?? I honestly cant see myself continuing to work for some who thinks this is acceptable, or am i just over reacting :( xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Hey bingfairy. I think its not really a big deal in my honest opinion.

If i was desperate or at the end of a brand i proberly would've done the same thing. i wouldnt of mixed three brands but to be fair the woman did have a patch test and she was fine!.... shows a indicator, but in a small claims court it might not hold. The test indicator is for PPD.

So yes stick to your brands, but most eyebrow/lash tints are intermixable, ie different peroxide to different tint.

I think you may have over reacted but its good proffesional advice to test for different brands different reactions. xoxo

Hi hun

Thank u so much for your reply, i feel a bit silly now! I honestly didnt realise they could be mixed! Xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back