MMA article on the BBC news

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
This article is on the BBC NEws webite this morning: BBC NEWS | Health | Call for UK ban on fake-nail glue

It's good that there are calls to ban MMA, but I wish they'd get the terminology right :rolleyes:. Banning 'fake nail glue' is not really very helpful...... I'm glad the issue is in the public domain but a bit wary that it will cause more harm than good with the language used......

Anyway, thought you'd all like to know!

Oh dear, why can't they get it right. Also the point about it having to be filed off which damages the nail, not very helpful to us buff off gel users.

i think this could be very harmful to nail salons. they are not giving the true facts about salons that use mma and how to recognise a salon using mma.
it makes it sound like every salon uses mma and all nail enhancements are bad! for a start people are going to think it is the glue! there was no mention
of properly trained nail technicians that spend an absolute fortune on thier nail products and training to make sure that they do not cause any damage to clients nails :grr: that is my rant over.

us nail techs will set the record straight when our clients ask....we do not use mma as we know what damage it can do......if we had our way it would be banned in uk aswell as us.....go on salon geek and ask us what we think of mma nail bars!!!....ok me finished.......
but i will be back!!!!!:lol:

I think we just need to carry on educating our clients, its nothing new for me as most people I know who have not had enhancements always ask the same old q's anyway. I do think that they could have had a quote from a professional Nail tech though to put the record straight tut tut

Any client you get in your salon or mobile or home salon who has been there will soon notice the difference.....

If you get your timings right they certainly won't go back there for the pain and unsanitary conditions and rude people......

The media don't help us and we have been banging on for ages as to how we can get the media onside.....are we as a community big enough to do something....maybe we should put something forward en mass as the biggest community of nail technicians in the world to fight the cause.....maybe that would have more clout than individual salons or technicians?

Any client you get in your salon or mobile or home salon who has been there will soon notice the difference.....

If you get your timings right they certainly won't go back there for the pain and unsanitary conditions and rude people......

The media don't help us and we have been banging on for ages as to how we can get the media onside.....are we as a community big enough to do something....maybe we should put something forward en mass as the biggest community of nail technicians in the world to fight the cause.....maybe that would have more clout than individual salons or technicians?
THATS A GREAT IDEA!!

seems like the media take a few key words, throw them up in the air and let them land in a pile of bull sh1t:irked:

Latest posts

Back