mma nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
well i got a client today at work who had enhancements on, she lives in london and has her nails done in her local nss.

they were sooooo bloody thick it was unbelievable, the stench of fish was overwhelming and the shape was well...................not nice to say the least.

anyways, i told her the hazards etc about MMA, (as i suspected that was used)and how the industry was trying to get it banned, and also about us wanting to get licences,which she seemed grateful for, and agreed with the licence thing. she asked me what system i used so told her, then she said so how do i know what they use, and can i get a tech that uses the same as me, so i then went on to tell her about ringing dn and that they would tell her of the cnd salons in her area

anyway back to my original train of thought............she had some serious onycholysis going on with some of her fingernails, so explained what it was etc. then i said something about her having her infills done next time blah blah, and what was the routine in her usual salon, then i was stumped by what she told me...............she has a new set, then has 1 infill, then they file her enhancements off and apply a new set again. i told her this was wrong etc. and that there is no need for it

anyway to cut a longer story short, i think ive converted her.....yay. oh and by the way her nails looked fab when i finished. she was over the moon that i didnt have to file them off and apply a new set. and i got a tip............£20

woohoo G, do you have a picci:) I love a good before and after shot.

hiya jac flower

no i didnt take my camera to work with me, wish i had tho - would have made a good before and after

Well done Glynis, you converter you!

Isn't it fab when you get a client who actually listens and understands what you're on about when you're informing them of MMA, NSS etc, rather than just glaze over! If only they knew....

And bejesus:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: regards your tip....you go girl:green: :green:

Well done Glynis, you converter you!

Isn't it fab when you get a client who actually listens and understands what you're on about when you're informing them of MMA, NSS etc, rather than just glaze over! If only they knew....

makes my job all the more worthwhile. dont ya just love it when a plan comes together.:green:

Well done Glynis! It is amazing the number of nail salons who routinely do soak-offs so that they can get more dosh out of the clients. Quite a few of my clients were surprised by the fact that I try to avoid soaking off.

Wow! Glynis ... a £20 tip, eh!
Sounds like shes converted to me ... congrats on the new client!

Well done !!!

Drinks are on you eh ????

nice one glynis, everybodys happy then.

I don't know about anywhere else in the country but here in London we have a nss nearly in evey row of shops sometimes three on the local high street. Don't get me wrong I love looking at the airbrush nail art design but the nails that they do are really bad. They have also started a very big trend in door stop nails with thick white tips and no smile lines what so ever. Trying to get ladies to see the problems is really hard so well done to you. Most ladies I have spoke to just repeatly tell me about how cheap they are. Well done once again for getting one very pleased new customer.

Most ladies I have spoke to just repeatly tell me about how cheap they are.

Hmm they may appear cheap, but they charge for every little thing they do, and often they turn out more expensive, especially if like Glynis' client they have to have new set every other visit. What's the saying - if is seems too cheap to be true then it probably is!

Anyway well done Glynis, another convert from the evil stuff!

congratulations glynis and i am pretty sure u did convert her, as u got a great tip :hug:

Well Done Glynis xx

good for you.....!!! I have had a couple of clients that I have done over the years that have had there nails done ( before me ) and have had terrible jobs......so they came to me looking for help.....I fixed them up and they loved it ...they are the most loyal of clients and will sing your praise on having " saved " them from nail doom......dosn't the joy of seeing them pleased and KNOWING you did a good job make you warm and fuzzy all over ? ........I love nails!

Latest posts

Back