mma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
Hi, I am just practicing at my skills and I was talking to a young lady who does manicure services only ,
and she mentioned that she gets her nails done in a nail bar but they never need taking off at all ,
and I must admit they looked really good very solid and very delicate at the same time.
there was no lifting at all,
I am a bit suspicious they may be mma as she hinted at this too ,
and I wondered how would I know if they are mma if she asks me to infill them for her ?

:hug: thanks minky

My only run in with MMA was once when a client came in to have her set soaked off. She had broke one and it pulled her entire natural nail off with it. Seeing that is what made me suspect MMA. Once I started soaking her in the acetone I knew for sure that it was. The product didn't really become gummy or soft; just sticky and still stayed hard. It took me almost 2 hours to get it all off. It was absolutely miserable for me and the client. :grr:

Good luck.

Shiloh

By the way, I called my local Board of Cosmetology and reported that shop; they are still in business.:irked:

Hi, come to think of it her extensions did have a cloudy milky look to them,
I do hope that they are not mma as I really don't want to do them if they are. Mma sounds horrendous.
Thanks for the replies :hug: x

You mentioned that she said they never need taking off at all.

Could be the dreaded MMA!

or

Could be nails done by a skilled technician who does their job so well that the need for complete removal & replacement is rarely, if at all necessary!!

Just a thought!

Hi , they looked perfect but something looked a bit plastic and milky looking about them ,
I am really not too sure .

She is a professional manicurist and does manicures but not enhancements,
but she did say that she goes to that certain nail bar because they last longer but knows it may be mma but she just wouldn't say for sure,

I warned her about it but she said they last her longer,
and she liked them as they seem to do a better job ,
I must admit they looked really great,
but they also looked like cloudy shiny hard plastic,

a bit like a set of really great gel enhancements but with a cloudy hard plastic shiny look (they wernt gel though )
and they didnt have any tip placed on them either so I don't know .

I really hope that it is great work done without the mma too but it just doesnt look like any L&p nails Ive ever seen before x

Latest posts

Back