Mobile and client did not answer door..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have a 50% cancellation fee, how do i go about enfprcing this?

Thanks geeks.

This is why I no longer have a cancellation fee.

It's very difficult to enforce.

My policy is, cancel on the day twice and you will be asked to book on the day you want your treatment.

Don't turn up or don't let me know - please use the services of another salon.

Some of my family think this is unprofessional and harsh.

I can enforce this and I feel I have some control over clients who have no thought for my business and time.

Jacqui xx

I think the only way to get around the enforcing is to possibly have a percentage of payment upfront (at least for new clients), otherwise it's nigh on impossible.

Or to have a policy in place like jacquelineanna.

My policy is, cancel on the day twice and you will be asked to book on the day you want your treatment.

I can enforce this and I feel I have some control over clients who have no thought for my business and time.

Jacqui xx

This is very good advice. I think the only people who would have a problem with it are those who would be the ones turning up late/not at all!

How would you do the deposit? Would paypal be a way?

Thanks geeks for the help, it just really peed me off this morning as I have had other inquiries for that slot and now have lost out on money that i was needing to pay my MIL.

Very annoying I know but if were a mobile therapist again I would rent a mobile terminal for card payments - take a payment on booking over the phone and the rest when you complete the treatment. The rental would probably be a lot less than the cost of no shows and time wasters.

When I was freelance I learnt the hard way !
I can remember going to a clients house for a long appo and she was drunk, took her 20 mins to get out of bed 11 am ! And then said she had a sore ear and told me to come back !
Boy did she have 2 sore ears by the time I had finished telling her she was blacklisted and no other freelance hairdresser would ever go to her house.
well it made me feel better but I need the money from that job to pay my car ins that was due that day !
So I agree with jacquelineanna, and also ring and try to get deposits shows them you are a serious business !
If our own friends and family think its harsh and un professional we have a fight on our hands but educate them and you will reduce no shows. Good luck !

I'm looking at the Barclays PingIt app - it looks like a really good way to receive money as a mobile therapist, no charges to use as far as I can see either! You could ask for an up front deposit using PingIt.

What about people who only pay in cash though?

I'm looking at the Barclays PingIt app - it looks like a really good way to receive money as a mobile therapist, no charges to use as far as I can see either! You could ask for an up front deposit using PingIt.

Great idea, I think I will look into this too.

Great idea, I think I will look into this too.

VERY easy to set up... just did it in 5 minutes (then again I have instant banking...) I don't bank with Barclays and never will but that little gadget thingy is super! :) I have high hopes! :)

If I can set it up in 5 minutes (having my details to hand) then I am sure any customer with a smartphone (iphone, blackberry or android) can manage it with say a 24 hour "temp hold" on an appointment for them and then confirming the appointment once they actually pay the deposit. :)

I am definatly going to look at this as all my clie ts this week have cancelled and i dont know how im going to pay my bills etc.

Jacqui xx

Damn good advice.

If you get as far as actually telling people they cannot book in advance but actually have to book on the day instead, do they still come back to you or do they take offence and go elsewhere? (I think you're right to do this, just wondering how they take it.)

Some of the time if they don't show it's simply down to scatterbrained clients, I have 2 or 3 of these and we have solved it by me sending them a text the day before they come to remind, (I make a diary note the day before their next appt to text them, so I don't forget lol) , not one of these dippy ones has got it wrong since we've been doing that!

Damn good advice.

If you get as far as actually telling people they cannot book in advance but actually have to book on the day instead, do they still come back to you or do they take offence and go elsewhere? (I think you're right to do this, just wondering how they take it.)

Some of the time if they don't show it's simply down to scatterbrained clients, I have 2 or 3 of these and we have solved it by me sending them a text the day before they come to remind, (I make a diary note the day before their next appt to text them, so I don't forget lol) , not one of these dippy ones has got it wrong since we've been doing that!

I write a lovely note to these clients briefly explaining that by cancelling on the day I cannot pay my therapist for that time slot.

That perhaps it would also be better for her to book on the day as things seem to get in the way of her appointment with us.

That I sincerely wish her to continue as a client and hope to see her again for her next appointment.

I don't have to do this often but on the occasions I have done so, the clients have all returned and been apologetic.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back