Mobile and needing daytime clients!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aayspa

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

So I've been a mobile therapist for a while now and whilst I'm fully booked every evening in the week til late! I'm rarely fully booked or even half booked in the day time and it's driving me crazy!

I love my work but I would actually like a social life too and working every evening doesn't exactly make that easy.

So to all you mobile therapists, where do you find your daytime clients?? All my clients seem to be Monday to Friday 9-5pm workers. I thought those hours were a thing of the past lol.

I do most aspects of beauty including waxing, tanning, massage but most of my work is shellac and nail art.

Thanks in advance x

Try asking each client if they have a day off and which it is. Then get them to book in on that day. Tell them that you are really busy in the evenings, and may not be able to guarantee evening appointments soon. Keep doing this and you will soon build up day clients. I used to be mobile and did this. It worked a dream.

I think you need some retired clients! If you offer late appointments then clients fill them up automatically, but if you restrict them then they will move to earlier times if they have no choice.

I say stop offering 5 evenings and they will soon fit round you lol! When someone wants to book in why don't you just say all your evening slots are full, but you have opened up availability through the day to help with demand & your happy to fit them in on any morning afternoon etc (or something along those lines)
You haven't got to tell them that your fully booked with having a life lol! xx

I do tell them I'm fully booked! I've turned down so much evening work because I can't fit it in but they can't fit in treatments in the day. When I say I'm booked they just say they'll have to wait until my next available evening even if it's a month away! They really do all have 9-5 jobs it's crazy!

I need to find ladies of leisure and those that have days off in the week coz they work weekends/shifts etc but all I seem to attract is the same crowd, probably because it's mainly word of mouth and they all work together lol x

Only other thing to try is putting up your prices, less clients for the same money ;)

How annoying lol! Have you got any local mother & toddler groups/ playgroups nearby you can advertise in?
I dont have so many now, but I used to have a lot of yummy mummys & they always wanted daytime slots.
Xx

I'm really surprised at this, I've never been mobile but in salon our clients have always got thier appointments in even if they are having an operation that day they wouldn't lose a slot We only do 2 late evenings a week it's our morning appointments that go first. A lot of our clients are early retired or ladies of leisure (which I aspire to be)
It shows how very different peoples clientele are.

Xx

I'm really surprised at this, I've never been mobile but in salon our clients have always got thier appointments in even if they are having an operation that day they wouldn't lose a slot We only do 2 late evenings a week it's our morning appointments that go first. A lot of our clients are early retired or ladies of leisure (which I aspire to be)
It shows how very different peoples clientele are.

Xx

All my emojis came out of that it looks really serious without them :) haha
Xx

You could book all the workers into a Saturday & Sunday. I stick to my opening hours like glue & most of my clients are working women, if they can't make it in the week they get Saturday's & they know to book the next appointment in advance otherwise they may not get in for ages.

You say you need ladies of leisure... Target them! Go where they hang out and market :) go to golf clubs, bowls clubs, leisure centres, coffee mornings, playgroups, community centres, shopping centres, marks & Spencer's & such and get your friendly smile on and get plugging your services! Offer deals to entice them to try you out & then offer a great deal to refer a friend :)

Wherever your target market would hang out is where you need to focus your adverts! Get your car stickered up too & park it outside the local school in the morning at drop off time & at home time :)

Who are they? Where are they? I'm mobile and have most daytimes filled now. These people are elderly, mums at home, ladies that lunch, ladies on shifts (eg police officers, croupiers, customs officers) they're all there waiting but do they know that you are waiting for them?

Also you could offer day time discounts on Mums net in your area, or leave leaflets with local clubs of parent gatherings etc time based discounts might help - but I have the same issue- I'm seeing people when other places are shut! Evenings and weekends

Latest posts

Back