Mobile - anything else I need?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

geekling

Reaction score
Hi all!
So starting to get ready to set up mobile! Whoppee! Doing most of my aspects of beauty therapy (level 2), nail enhancements & spray tanning! :green:

Just been going through everything I think I need! Think being the operative word! Ha ha!

- insurance

- cost per treatment and treatment prices (iv just been adding £3.00 onto every treatment for insurance, startup costs, the likes of manicure tables/mirrows etc? Is this ok, or should I be working every little thing out separately?)

- Website/facebook/name/logo

- Business Cards

- Accounts - Another thing i'm a little worried about! I have searched through many threads on here! But am still a little confused! I though of using bright books but being a paper kinda girl I thought someone maybe could give me some info on the best thing to use for paper accounts?!

- Register as self employed

- Go on a business link course for tax etc

Have I missed anything out? Or is their something I am doing wrong here?
Anything else I should be thinking of that my little mind isnt?
STRESSED! Haha!

Thank you in advance! Like I said I honestly have read through loads and loads of threads on all of these subjects but if I'm honest they were confusing me even more! :o

amyworley

Reaction score
I did flyers too which were great for generating new business! i used crazy4print.com

re your accounts - i personally keep a spreadsheet on excell, but my accountant is quite happy to just take a 'shoe box' each year end - basically, you need to keep your receipts and have a copy book for the clients receipts - then at the end of the year they sort it all out! I personally cant work like this - i need to keep records for my own piece of mind!

either way, you dont need to spend out your hard earned cash on a package to sort it for you!

hth's

geekling

Reaction score
Ooh thanx for that! Ill try flyers too!

I think id be the same! I like to know whats going in and whats going out! I think its just the best thing to do that with! Haha!
Thankyou for the advice! :)

geekling

Reaction score
Any one else please? :)

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
Sounds pretty comprehensive. How about:

After care sheets
A diary/app/booking system
Uniform
Products to retail
Cancellation policy
Consultation cards
Marketing plan (a to do list!)
A price list
A few introductory offers worked out
Your discounts (if any) for friends & family
A notepad that you take everywhere to write down all your ideas!
A blog/twitter feed?
A loyalty scheme?

Just a few thoughts! Xxx

TracyS

Reaction score
Hi geekling,

I think you're starting in the right place but you need a clearer definition of cost per treatment and treatment prices.

Try keeping your capital expenditure seperate. Write a list of all of the equipment/tools etc that you will need and set yourself a budget for that.

Then do a stock budget and your cost per treatment will be easier to work out as you will know how much a bottle of polish has cost, the polish remover, the removal pads etc etc etc and break it down easier rather than just adding £3 to each treatment price.

Dont forget to add in the cost of fuel, tax, car insurance, wear & tear, servicing etc and set a limit on a radius/area you will travel within. That way you won't be tempted by a £10 appointment you have to travel 15 miles to get to just to build up a client base! I know, I've been there!!!

Change your car insurance from standard to business use.

Look around your area and see what the going rates are for the services you offer - don't be tempted to start off on the cheap, there are a million threads on here warning against that as it's much harder for clients to accept increases later.

Good luck with your new venture!

xx

geekling

Reaction score
Thankyou for all your help ladies!
So helpfull! Will be using it ALL!
Thanx again! :) xxx

Latest posts