Mobile as well as salon rent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonails

Reaction score
Hi,

If you are mobile and also rent in a salon, what do you do with regards to products?
Do you buy two sets of everything? Or do you bring things back and forth?

Thanks x

Hi,

i rent a desk in a salon and also work from home / sometimes mobile. The only things I transport between the salon and home are my gels, nail art supplies and lamp as well as tools as it would be very expensive to get double of all of those. I keep at each location a supply of files and buffers for each client as well as mundo, acetone, IPA, gloves and gel removal foils.
I use public transport so this helps keep my trolley a little bit lighter between trips. When I’m mobile I just pop in smaller decanted bottles of acetone / ipa / mundo etc just enough for that day and the clients individual file & buffer packs xx

When I was mobile and home based I had two of everything, I'm so forgetful it was easier to have everything in both places. In fairness this was pre gel polish so no huge expense and cumbersome lamp. I think if I was still doing it I'd have two lamps too, the one being transported is vulnerable to damage so I'd want a back up, the salon one would cover that too.

I carried about 10 polishes but always checked what colour they wanted in case they wanted something specific. I always called/text the day before to confirm appointment and it was part of my pre planned conversation along with parking, lighting, sockets, table, seating, etc.

Thank you ladies so much. This is very helpful x

Latest posts

Back