Mobile beauty business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavina

Reaction score
Hi

i was hoping some one can help me , with what equipment you bring when doing treatments, how to do more easier, without all the gear the salon.

For waxing, nails, pedis, facilas.... How do you all do???

lavina

i was hoping some one can help me , with what equipment you bring when doing treatments, how to do more easier, without all the gear the salon.

For waxing, nails, pedis, facilas.... How do you all do???

Hi Lavina!

In my car, I have the following:

- portable nail table

- rolling nail trolley with case

- the case holds all my files, acrylic, brushes, lotions, salt scrub, business cards, pads, acetone, scrubfresh, nail glue, etc. Plus all my french polishes (that way, if a client has booked a french, I don't have to carry all my extra polishes and can just go with my case).. This has a shoulder strap.

- the rolling trolley holds my nail varnish display board, my UV lamp, nail drill, nail art bag, paper towels, cotton towels, foil, gel supplies, rubbish bin, tips and poppits. I've had to reinforce my trolley by adding a brace on the bottom so it wouldn't tip over!

- wax box, containing my wax heater, paraffin pot, brushes, scissors, pre-wax and after-wax lotions, wax cleaner, mirror, wax strips and spatulas, rubbish bags, gloves. Has a lid.

- tanning box, containing my Fake Bake stuff, towels, etc. Has a lid.

- Pedicure Bag. duffle bag containing my pedi spa, liners, foot soaks, plus I store odds and ends in the bag pockets (extra topcoat and cuticle oil for retail, etc). This has a shoulder strap.

I also have a portable massage table, but I only take this when I know I'll need it.

Now, I don't take everything in with me every time!
Acrylic work, just the case and the trolley.
Want a pedi? I take the case and the pedi-bag, plus grab the polish board.
A luxury mani with paraffin? Grab the case and the wax box.
I don't do tanning and waxing in the same session, so no worries there yet!

I've only ever had to make two trips to my car, and that's a rarity. My case is meant to fit onto my trolley, but sometimes I just set my wax box on the top of the trolley and carry the case on my shoulder. You'll get used to your equipment and know what you need!

* I also used to use a large rolling duffle and put just about everything in it except the wax and tanning stuff, but it was getting too heavy for me to lift up the stairs!!!

Hi,

Unfortunately with being mobile, you still need to use the same equipment you would in the salon... there is no getting away from it :irked: :lol:

I also have a portable table, trolley case with all my stuff in, wax box, foot spa etc as Seraphine has.

I also have a protable couch that I use for waxing (15kg !!) which I need to lug around with me.

You get used to it, but it is a lot of stuff to carry in and out and can be quite tiring....

Marlise

Latest posts

Back