Mobile Beauty Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chelsea1234

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm setting myself up as a mobile therapist but I need some help! I know insurance is the first thing and that I have 3 months until having to inform HM Revenues & Customs. I am going to be working alone, am I going to have to register as a business? When I get insurance will my trading name be my business name that I haven't registered yet, or would I just put my full name? And, what if by the time I've registered someone else has that name? Might be silly questions but I'm starting from scratch here!

Grateful for any help :),

Chelsea

Hi,

I'm setting myself up as a mobile therapist but I need some help! I know insurance is the first thing and that I have 3 months until having to inform HM Revenues & Customs. I am going to be working alone, am I going to have to register as a business? When I get insurance will my trading name be my business name that I haven't registered yet, or would I just put my full name? And, what if by the time I've registered someone else has that name? Might be silly questions but I'm starting from scratch here!

Grateful for any help :),

Chelsea

Hi Chelsea

Welcome to SG. I went on a few HMRC courses and I was told to forget the '3 months to register' apparently you need to register once you advertise yourself as ready to trade.

When you're ready you can register with HMRC online as a sole trader, its really quick and you get a choice of also including your business name too.

Now, your business name, the simplest thing to do is buy the domain name ie abc-beauty.com and therefore ABC Beauty is the name you register.

Hey presto, you are then ready for your next steps!

Kathie x

PS. If you intend to protect your business name to prevent anyone else using it or if you want to register as a company let us know and geeks will answer.

Thanks Kathie, I appreciate the help! How would I go about protecting a business name/registering a mobile beauty company? Thanks! X

Last edited:
Hi Chelsea

I would first check the following in relation to your chosen business name:

1. The domain is available
2. That the name is available to register with Companies House
3. That the name (and logo if you have one) is registrable with the Intellectual Property Office

If you get a yes result for all the above you can proceed.

I have made it sound simple but there is a bit more to consider for steps 2 and 3 so I recommend you do a bit of research on the IPO and Companies House websites.

Good luck

Kathie x

Thanks again Kathie! You're great help!

Chelsea X

Hi Chelsea

Welcome to SG. I went on a few HMRC courses and I was told to forget the '3 months to register' apparently you need to register once you advertise yourself as ready to trade.

When you're ready you can register with HMRC online as a sole trader, its really quick and you get a choice of also including your business name too.

Now, your business name, the simplest thing to do is buy the domain name ie abc-beauty.com and therefore ABC Beauty is the name you register.

Hey presto, you are then ready for your next steps!

Kathie x

PS. If you intend to protect your business name to prevent anyone else using it or if you want to register as a company let us know and geeks will answer.

Hi Chelsea

I would first check the following in relation to your chosen business name:

1. The domain is available
2. That the name is available to register with Companies House
3. That the name (and logo if you have one) is registrable with the Intellectual Property Office

If you get a yes result for all the above you can proceed.

I have made it sound simple but there is a bit more to consider for steps 2 and 3 so I recommend you do a bit of research on the IPO and Companies House websites.

Good luck

Kathie x

What a fantastically helpful piece of advice! - I'm in the same boat as Chelsea.

Thanks for this :D

Latest posts

Back