Mobile beauty - how to get extra clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently changed from a home salon to mobile and have a good client base that have followed this step, BUT, I do want more clients and I'm not sure how to approach this - I was thinking of writing to care homes to go and do block bookings?

Has anyone else done anything like this and had success in 1 idea better than another?

I am in our local advertising directory which is a coloured A5 booklet full of adverts of local businesses and I did a treatment on the owner yesterday and she writes a review which always promotes my work - this booklet is delivered to over 7000 houses in the area.

Anything else I could be doing - sign writing / sticker in the car?

Thanks

Carly xx

Hi Carly,
When I first started a typed up a letter and posted it around my entire estate (400+ houses) I live on a new build site.
I introduced myself as their neighbour and wrote a little about myself, followed by the treatments I had to offer and the prices. All on one page.
Within the letter I enclosed a voucher, 50% off second treatment.
This worked really well, and five years on I still have around 70% of the new clients who booked in and made a whole lot of new friends.
If your estate isn’t very big try any new development sites.
You don’t need to say where you live on your letter.
Care homes are a bit iffy unless you have all of your electrics PAT tested.

Hope this helps a little x

Thank you for replying - that sounds like what you did was really worth while.
I will have my review in this advertising directory and I find a lot of people keep this as "reference" for when they are looking up services they need. It gets delivered too and is in full colour.

I wanted to try and think "outside the box" for ideas to get the word around that I am mobile - there doesn't seem to be a completely mobile beauty therapist around.

Carly xx

Latest posts

Back