Mobile beauty therapists and tint patch testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mobile therapists, how do u manage tint patch testing new clients????
Do u travel to patch test them free of charge or use a disclaimer form???

Hi there,

I would never use a disclaimer as a reason for not testing a product on a client as your insurance would be invalid. All manufacturers of tint or lash lift products advise on an actual patch test and that stands up in court if you have a claimant due to your negligence.

When on your rounds you will just have to try and be organised to include patch testing in the most economic of ways.
Restrict your area or take it on the chin that you'll probably be able to keep that client and can upsell another service at a later date.
Don't risk your name and business for something like this and you'll soon recoup the small inconvenience.
Good luck

You don’t really want to do mobile appoints just for a tint and shape, so what else would that client book for? Would they have a pedi or some body waxing? Get that booking for their patch test visit and return to do the tint

Make sure every client gets patch tested when they have their first appointment so that they have more options in future.

What I suggest you do is prompt your clients to book a brow shape as a “would you like anything else” upgrade to their booking. Then patch test so they can add a tint next time, Redo every 6 months (if they haven’t had a tint) and that gives you a chance to talk about how great the tint would be for them.

It’s better to proactively manage bookings that require a patch test and build the business that works for you. I refuse to do brow shaping unless it’s booked with another service, so when I upsell a tint I already have a decent client booking.

You don’t really want to do mobile appoints just for a tint and shape, so what else would that client book for? Would they have a pedi or some body waxing? Get that booking for their patch test visit and return to do the tint

Make sure every client gets patch tested when they have their first appointment so that they have more options in future.

What I suggest you do is prompt your clients to book a brow shape as a “would you like anything else” upgrade to their booking. Then patch test so they can add a tint next time, Redo every 6 months (if they haven’t had a tint) and that gives you a chance to talk about how great the tint would be for them.

It’s better to proactively manage bookings that require a patch test and build the business that works for you. I refuse to do brow shaping unless it’s booked with another service, so when I upsell a tint I already have a decent client booking.
Yes that’s what I have started doing. Thanks very much for ur reply ☺️

Hi there,

I would never use a disclaimer as a reason for not testing a product on a client as your insurance would be invalid. All manufacturers of tint or lash lift products advise on an actual patch test and that stands up in court if you have a claimant due to your negligence.

When on your rounds you will just have to try and be organised to include patch testing in the most economic of ways.
Restrict your area or take it on the chin that you'll probably be able to keep that client and can upsell another service at a later date.
Don't risk your name and business for something like this and you'll soon recoup the small inconvenience.
Good luck
Thanks so much.

Latest posts

Back