Mobile business question- How do you work your treatment set up times?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
I am wondering because, I give myself 10 minutes to set up before the treatment, and then start the treatment. So say the treatment is 1 hour, I would be in the clients house 1 1/2 hours, with setting up, and closing down.

I am unsure if this is correct, as when I get busier, how would I work out treatment times for other clients.

What do you do?

don't forget travel time too.

set up time should be approx 15 mins, 5 mins consultation, don't do a full hour treatment, rather do 50-55 mins as you have undressing and dressing time on top, clear up time, packing car, aftercare, payment, make next appointment 15-20 mins.

then

how long you took to travel, and how far the next appointment is.

remember, that some clients live away from parking spaces, so allow time to find the place, find a parking space, etc.

Still confused, :confused: not sure on timing, how long overall for all consultation, treatment, client undressing and dressing. travel, set up, and close down. :irked: I want to be organised for when I get busier, so I am not running late, or disappointing the clients.

to be honest hun it will all fall into place as you get busier , i for example am either really good for time or really bad :lol: its never the same but then i gab a lot
dont stress yourself too much , it will get easier x

Thanks, hun, I will just go with the flow and see what happens.

90 minutes for a 60 minute treatment. So, make sure you charge accordingly.

Once you start treating more clients you will get a feel for how long you need and beable to judge accordingly.I always allow more time than i need with a new client as i hate being late and like to organised.But once you have treated them once after that you will know exactly how much time you will need.As said before you will find things just fall in to place after a while.xxx

Its also being realistic on how many people you can fit into your allocated work times.

so, leave plenty of time for finding the place and parking. If its a new client then you want to spend a little extra time with them.

I used to work school hours 9.30 -3, so would schedule 3-4 clients in that day. Now I'm in a salon I can almost double that.

Why don't you time your treatments, from entering the clients house to leaving.
If you do that now all you will need to consider is the traveling time and remember weather conditions when working this out.
HTH.

Thanks everyone, I know have a better idea.:hug:

Its also being realistic on how many people you can fit into your allocated work times.

so, leave plenty of time for finding the place and parking. If its a new client then you want to spend a little extra time with them.

I used to work school hours 9.30 -3, so would schedule 3-4 clients in that day. Now I'm in a salon I can almost double that.

Hi Hippy Chick

I am working in school hours 9.30-3. How on earth can you fit 3-4 people in one day. Is that just doing a mani on each person? are you working from home or mobile? do you take a lunch break ect?

I would love to get to having 3-4 people in one day so can you tell me as I have only been doing this for a year.

Thanks

Nicky

Hi Hippy Chick

I am working in school hours 9.30-3. How on earth can you fit 3-4 people in one day. Is that just doing a mani on each person? are you working from home or mobile? do you take a lunch break ect?

I would love to get to having 3-4 people in one day so can you tell me as I have only been doing this for a year.

Thanks

Nicky

I'm mobile and work school hours fom 9am - 3pm, I can fit 3 or 4 clients in depending on the service. Example: if they're enhancement clients I book appts at 9am, 11am and 1pm - 2 hours includes my travelling time. If I've got mani's I book 1 hour rather than 2 and can fit 4 clients in instead of 3......

I don't generally get a lunch hour though, so I eat in the car between clients.....

hth's

Hi Vetty,

Thanks for replying. I think that I need to work on my times.:o

I would take 2 1/2 hours for enhancements (Gel) maybe 3 hours if they are natural.

I have got my time down on Mani I take 1/2 hour to 45 mintues

I am getting a small client base but need the clients to get my times down, I have got a hand but they don't talk to you. maybe I just talk alot.

Thanks again
Nicky

I think that I need to work on my times.:o

I would take 2 1/2 hours for enhancements (Gel) maybe 3 hours if they are natural.

I have got my time down on Mani I take 1/2 hour to 45 mintues

I am getting a small client base but need the clients to get my times down, I have got a hand but they don't talk to you. maybe I just talk alot.

My times came down by themselves really, but there are some things you an do to help! 1. Talk whilst looking working - I occasionally look up to make eye contact but spend the majority of the appt talking to their hand (in fact I didn't recognise a new-ish client recently when she stopped me in a supermarket ....:o). Also, be prepared - I know exactly where everything is in my box so I don't need to rummage.

2. Work smart with your files - when I'm finishing I use my 180 to refine all 10 sidewalls and free edges then I go to my 240 to refine the shape on all 10, etc..... It means I'm not forever putting down and picking up different abrasives.

At the end of the day it's parctise - the more clients you do the quicker you'll work. I allow 1 hr 45 mins generally for each enhancement appt and if I can finish 10 mins early I get to eat a bit, yey!!

hth's

Just a quick one, also with this time of the year, give yourself time to defrost your car, if you need to.

Latest posts

Back