Mobile card payment, do I or don't I?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs F'S H&b

Reaction score
Hi guys, im new to the site so please bare with me!
i set up mobile for hair & beauty in april, i moved to my current area (need to brief you all up a bit so you get my clients) in january, we live on military housing in the middle of nowhere! So on average im putting almost £150 in the bank a week from clients.
sometimes i sell a lot of perfume & products, theres always that flat week before payday etc.
Now i have queried about a card payment device from my bank. Rental per month is £20.00 which im quite happy with.

service charge for debit card is 17p per transaction.
service charge for credit care is at 1.3%

as part of the contract i have to make upto £15 in service charges every month. If for instance i only made £10 i would be charged £5...

My average customer pays about £20.00 for treatments, and average products are £11.99

Do i go for it or dont i? it a 2 year contract? :Scared:
i feel though that this could really boost my buisness as i have family & friends up & down the country and when we visit i always carry stock & brochures?!

I am newly mobile as well and have found the card machines to be a bit too much $ at the moment. I have been using Paypal payments for clients who do not wish to pay cash. You could look into this?

Latest posts

Back