Quantcast

Mobile carry case/bag/whatever?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Teena_B

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
316
Reaction score
3
Location
Norwich
Hi!
I'd like to ask, what do the mobile tech's amongst you prefer to carry your equipment around in? I ask as my main stuff is in a aluminium case from B&Q, but some bigger bottles have to lay down. Also, I've got the NSI Attraction professional kit, I have carried it as it came so far, but TWICE the liquid bottle has leaked, meaning mess, smell and waste of valuable product therefore money. I would like to know how you transport your products keeping them always upright.

All advice again gratefully received, hopefully before sunday so I can buy at the show!:green:
 

emmalouisa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
908
Reaction score
4
Location
essex
hi teena

i have that large tool box from b&q it has a pull up handle and wheels on it in black and yellow. it splits in two sections and you will be able to stand your bottles upright hth xx
 

Teena_B

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
316
Reaction score
3
Location
Norwich
emmalouisa said:
hi teena

i have that large tool box from b&q it has a pull up handle and wheels on it in black and yellow. it splits in two sections and you will be able to stand your bottles upright hth xx
I looked at that when I bought the aluminium case. Can't remember how much it was, but thought at the time the aluminium one looked prettier! Stupid, I know! Do you know how much it is?
 

GlitzyGirl

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
7
Location
west wickham, kent
Hi Teena,

I have the black & decker tool box on wheels from Argos. It cost me £24.99, has a few different sections and is big enough to carry everything I've got including the airbrush compressor. It only comes in one colourway which is black and yellow, but is good enough for the job.

Aylinx
 

emmalouisa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2004
Messages
908
Reaction score
4
Location
essex
Teena_B said:
I looked at that when I bought the aluminium case. Can't remember how much it was, but thought at the time the aluminium one looked prettier! Stupid, I know! Do you know how much it is?
hi it was about £20 xx
 

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
Hi Teena I use the same case from B&Q and yes I too have to lay bottles down but I use the lockable pump dispensers for my polish remover and scrub fresh, assuming there is nothing else larger in your collection, and I have had no spills to date...(touch wood and fingers crossed),

Hth you..
 

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
828
Reaction score
15
Location
Derby, England.
emmalouisa said:
hi teena

i have that large tool box from b&q it has a pull up handle and wheels on it in black and yellow. it splits in two sections and you will be able to stand your bottles upright hth xx

Ditto:)

Em.xx
 

michelemacca

Nails by Chele
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
140
Reaction score
2
Location
Manchester
Me the same.......but i've just bought a hard side beauty case from Debenhams to keep my towel, paper roll, files and polishes in as well so that way I can keep my lockable dispensers in the aluminium one from B&Q away from the little fingers that live in my house (this time I mean my 2½ year old son, not my husband!!!!).

So far I haven't had any leaks either, having said that when we back for our assessment day one of the girls there had an aluminium trolley with a pull up handle that looked to stand about 1 to 1½ feet high with wheels on but she said that was about £60 xxx
 

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
michelemacca said:
Me the same.......but i've just bought a hard side beauty case from Debenhams to keep my towel, paper roll, files and polishes in as well so that way I can keep my lockable dispensers in the aluminium one from B&Q away from the little fingers that live in my house (this time I mean my 2½ year old son, not my husband!!!!).

So far I haven't had any leaks either, having said that when we back for our assessment day one of the girls there had an aluminium trolley with a pull up handle that looked to stand about 1 to 1½ feet high with wheels on but she said that was about £60 xxx
I dont know how anyone lifts those bigger silver cases into the cars...my polish case alone weighs a ton withitout my maincure or extension case combined :eek:
 

jester

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Location
Milton Keynes
I got a silver trolley for my equipment from Beauty Express. It was about £60. They are surprisingly light when empty and I can stand most of my bottles up in the bottom. (Except huge salon size ones, but I decant them into Menda bottles.). It has it has a pull up handle and holds all my polishes, files, acetone, hand lotion etc etc.
 

bimbogeri

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
1,197
Reaction score
61
Location
East Sussex
At the moment my different bits and pieces are stored in 'aluminium' cosmetic cases, just the kind you get in Boots and Superdrug. My nail art stuff and polishes are in one, gel in another etc. I did wondered if maybe once I've trained I could just stack them all on top of each other in one of those trolley suitcases with the wheels and pull up handle.

Argos have them starting at 20" tall for £25 up to 28" tall for £35, or a set of three (20", 25" and 28") for £60. Unfortunately they don't give a capacity in litres, just the usual h x d x w, but maybe if you knew you only had appointments for one particular service for a day or a morning, you could take a smaller case with you??

Lol x
 

Teena_B

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
316
Reaction score
3
Location
Norwich
Me being me, I just HAD to go out yesterday and get the B&Q case! It's a different one than I saw before, two containers that stack on one another, & a collapsible handle. It's great, got everything in and for £19.95 I'm not complaining!!!

Thanks for all your help! (knowing me, I'll still be looking around the one's on Sunday!)
 

Latest posts

Top