Mobile Chip & Pin / Card Machine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jess-jamie

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been Doing Nails and Spray Tanning for about 4 months Now,

Hopefully in a couple of months i will be Going Mobile instead of at home.

My question is im thinking about getting a Mobile Card Machine, can anyone shed any info and prices on this, and wheres best.

Thanks All

When i set up my salon and opened a business account i spoke to Barclays and because i didn't have a phone line at the time i asked about the mobile pdq machines as i was working between mobile and the salon. They said vodaphone was the only company that did them atm but were expensive!

So you might want to try and contact Vodaphone.

There are sooooo many threads about this already, but here goes.
If you are a member of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) then you get a preferential rate for both the rent of the machine and for the transactions themselves.
Lots of people use Silverpay and give good reports about them.

I use retail merchant services, and i use a mobile one too
they cock up for fun mine is broke more than its working and signals are a pain in the you know what.....

Unless you are selling large amounts of retail I would just take cash or cheques. As long as you tell clients before hand they will be prepared. I have never been asked to be paid by card in the 3 years I've worked mobile. They could also do a money transfer on the internet if needs be. :hug:

I have mine from cardsave

Great for mobile work but the charges for card transactions can be a bit expesive, I pay £30 a month expenses on top

I have mine from cardsave

Great for mobile work but the charges for card transactions can be a bit expesive, I pay £30 a month expenses on top

i have card save thoughi have one in the shop looked at getting mobile butfound its cheaper to have the telephone one and you get a old fashioned swipe machine (paper) and type the number in as customer not presnt this is want i was advised to do. as i do a lot of pamper parties and i am also going mobile when my shop is closed for the day

You will likely be charged slightly more for the transaction when the card holder isn't present.

Unless you are selling large amounts of retail I would just take cash or cheques. As long as you tell clients before hand they will be prepared. I have never been asked to be paid by card in the 3 years I've worked mobile. They could also do a money transfer on the internet if needs be. :hug:

Do you mean by PayPal Weezie? Or some other internet transfer? thanks x

Lots of people use Silverpay and give good reports about them.

Does anybody know how long the contract is for the silverpay mobile machine?

Their websites suggest that the contract is a short term one.

"Short term credit card processing facilities wherever and whenever they are needed!"

Latest posts

Back