Mobile clients making you wait

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Manicure

Reaction score
Had a wowzer today! It's school hols and I'm not officially working as have the kids and all my regulars know the script so I was mad busy last week. I got a call from a new client which I just can't turn down so organised for my two little cherubs to be looked after by the childminder, which I have to pay for, per child.

I texted the client last night to confirm booking and make her aware that if there are any changes, let me know, as I'm booked in with childminder and it costs me money.

I get to her house on the dot of 11 as arranged and what is she doing? She's on a call to a car insurance call centre (a call SHE made) knowing I was coming at 11. I had to sit there and wait 20 minutes until she was ready. :irked:

I finally get her feet in the foot spa start to explain to her about timing and how her delay has cut into her treatment time, that i cant stay beyond 12 or i will be paying an extra hour with the childminder which will mean that doing her pedi will cost me money but shes not listening and she tells me she needs to make another call. I carry on with the pedi. Then the door bell goes and she's out of the foot spa, she had to sign for a package, bearing in mind she's still on the phone. She never got off the phone. She handed me my money when I finished and generously gave me a 10p tip. :( Still on the phone.

Sooooo annoying!!!,

Some people are so rude! I have the odd couple of clients who really take the mick regarding times! I have to book out an extra 10+ mins just to allow for them to be ready, I sometimes wonder if the stress it causes is worth keeping them on!

xxx

The day before yesterday, I waited 30 minutes in a clients kitchen (husband let me in) whilst her majesty upstairs rolled out of bed and casually got herself ready. Had a very busy day and being my first client, it screwed up every other appointment! So ticked off... She's a regular though and never acts like that so I'll let her off just this once... :) xx

When clients put me in that situation I tell them that I will be charging them xx amount for any time I run over.

It's amazing what effect it has on them, they switch off their phones, stop answering doors and move like they've got a rocket up their bum!

I had one of those today. She contacted me an hour before her app to say she needed to go to the doctors. I moved her app back by half an hour. I got to hers and was waiting there for 15 minutes for her to turn up! I need the new clients and she was having hands,toes & tan so I just politely said next time I will charging her for the extra time If it happens again.

Latest posts

Back