Mobile EB wax - should I take the couch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimue

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm just starting to set up my new business, and find myself in a pickle!

If I am traveling to someones house for an Eyebrow wax or lip wax, should I take the couch? If I'm doing an EB wax at the salon I would use the couch, but in someones house, it takes longer to put the couch up, than it does to do the wax. I offer a 'quality, professional service' am I going to be unprofessional if I cover their sofa/armchair with a fluffy towel and do the wax? I would always take my waxing table and mag lamp ,and will not leave without ensuring there are no hairs remaining?
What do you guys think? What do you guys do?
Please let me know.

Lucy

Hi and welcome to the site.

I too am mobile and these quick treatments do create problems. What I have decided to do is make a minimum treatment charge of £10 otherwise it just isn't worth the effort to put the couch up etc.

This way I still get my costs covered and I also provide the professionalism of using the couch.

Personally I don't think using the clients sofa, even when covered, is a good idea. It doesn't look good anyway, and there is still always a small chance that wax could be spilt.

hth:hug:

I agree with Pure, a minimum charge is a very good idea. If a client is reluctant, try to talk them into having something else done at the same time. (Eyelash tint and eyebrow shape are good together, double impact!)

I agree with the minimum charge. I would take the couch as I have done one ebw on a kitchen chair and it is back breaking! If the client is lead back on the couch then you can do a much better job. Definitly take the couch, thats what I do now! lol

Minimum charge and definately take the couch.i always think how i would like a treatment and i would expect a therapist to come with all the right equipment.

Latest posts

Back