Mobile essentials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aliciabeth29

Reaction score
Hi Geeks! I am hoping to set up a mobile shellac business or I am considering approaching a few salons about renting a chair. What do you think are the essential items I will need to begin with?
Thanks! X

Having been mobile myself for about 6 years, it was really important to me to be very organised. I had a separate box for every treatment and a couple of sets of essentials in those boxes, this way I didn't have to take everything and I could just grab and go.

Ie; mani/pedi with all the lotion & potions, tools, nail polish remover etc. I'd have my polishes separate in case I just needed to do a file and polish, then I'd take a couple of extra bits instead of the whole mani box.

Shellac box would have all the bottles, tools scrub fresh etc

Nail art box with all my glitters, foils etc so it can come along with any treatment.

Same thing for my other beauty treatments.

I hope you get the idea and I know it means doubling up on some stuff but that's what I found the easiest way not to forget something, I'm such an air head and it's embarrassing when somethings forgotten! I'm so glad that I don't really do mobile anymore as I work from home and have everything here.

Karaxxx

I agree, I've only been mobile a year but quickly realized that separate boxes for each treatment was essential for ease and convenience. Make sure you have plenty of little towels, also if your mobile a plastic type table cloth (cut into smaller sections) is brilliant to use to cover clients tables or protect your work space. I also have a tall jar with screw on lid which slots into a cup holder in my car, I fill this with diluted mundo and pop my sterilisable equipment into this during the day once its been used, then I can carry the jar in and give all the equipment a proper clean & sterilize at the end of a day.
Also a pack of baby wipes which I keep in my car, perfect for wiping round bottle necks, cleaning clients pet hairs off my boxes and also for freshening up between clients - especially in the summer!
Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, unlike the ladies above I carry most of my products all in one big 3 tier wheelie case. I dont take my pedicure bowl/microplane footfile but everything else comes with me everywhere. For me I feel more confident knowing ive got most things just incase I need it. Its all in one case, I also take a few retail items BUT will order in for clients who want something. Its a lot of stuff but I dont mind x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have all my nails bits in one box, minus pedi and mani bits as I don't find these treatments as popular. But my clients love that if there booked in for gel polish bur have broken a nail, I have the equipment to offer a nail extension on one finger for them. Likewise I clients like that I have both acrylic and hard gel bits with me so I can discuss with them the beat option after seeing there nails. It is a big heavy box, but if it makes my clients happy it makes me happy :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hi, I carry a large 3 tier box with all my shellac and uv gels, lamp, prep products and tools in, a separate bag with foot files and microplanes etc, couch roll, and towels. I always have everything in the car as sometimes you are doing a mani and they ask if you can do a pedi too. I also keep a plastic box to put used tools in ready for cleaning or binning.
I use a mobile table as I am scared of spilling stuff on people's dining tables, and a small adjustable stool as I am a bit of a short ass and wouldn't rely on dining chairs being high enough for me!!

An extension lead and a daylight lamp are worth there weight in gold! X

Always have change and an extension lead as dining tables aren't always near plugs. I used to do mobile without a plastic cover for the table and now I shudder when I think what could have happened x

Thanks so much for your help. You have been very helpful! I will definitely be investing in a good carry case/ trolley for my equipment.

I know some of you mentioned using a table cloth but do you ever find it difficult with different shaped tables ect? I was wondering whether I would need a portable table or not.

Also what means of advertising do you use? I was thinking of Facebook and a website but do any of you use car magnets or flyers?

I was thinking of charging £20 for a full set of shellac nails or toes and £30 for both. Does this sound about right?

Hope this makes sense!
Alicia x

Always have change and an extension lead as dining tables aren't always near plugs. I used to do mobile without a plastic cover for the table and now I shudder when I think what could have happened x

Agree, i ruined a little table I was working on once (in my very early days), spilt acetone on it, totally took the finish off it. Luckily my lady laughed and said "I've always hated that table anyway" but i was so worried:Scared:, however she continued to be a customer for about 7 years until sadly she passed away - and she always kept the little table just for nails!

I think I will get a little table as I can use that when practicing and get used to it.
What a lovely story :,)

Thanks for your reply x

Latest posts

Back