Mobile facial for terminal client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxandpolish

Reaction score
Hi

One of my friends has just been given 3 weeks to live after discovering she has liver cancer last week. Her oncologist has given ok for her to have any treatments or massage she wants if it helps her relax. I normally work from home but have said I will go to the hospital and if she feels ok give her a facial. Firstly any tips for mobile treatment with limited space and secondly any tips for treating terminal patients. I just want her to feel relaxed and pampered as there is nothing else I can do for her.

Thanks

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend!

I have treated a lot of terminally ill clients, and have ended up with my strategy which is the following. I never ask how they are, I usually say 'how are you feeling today' so you know how they are here and now. Be sure they are up for a treatment. What seemed like a good idea yesterday may not be so good today. Keep it shortish, so the best bits of a facial would be massage. Explain where you would massage, and does that feel ok/do you think that would be ok. Ask what they would like - would a foot massage be the best thing rather than a facial etc etc. My friend said that because she was bed bound people would come in and 'do' things to her that she maybe didn't always want!

The first client I had who was terminal was my friends mum. I stayed up beat and smiley - but not too jolly - all the way through, and howled when I got outside. I also noticed small things - she had a ticking clock next to the bed. I suggested a digital. I could think of nothing worse than knowing you're dying and hearing every second tick away, but no-one else had thought of it. She died from a blood clot to her lung 2 days later, in my friends arms. I was just glad that she had a lovely reflexology treatment with me.

I try and remember it's about them, not me, I gird my loins and keep my feelings in check!

Hope it goes ok.

Big love x

Didn't want to eead and run. You are a very strong person for doing it, I think I would be a wreck with emotions even not knowing the client. Big hugs.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow so many emotions reading this thread. I honestly don't think I would be strong enough to do this. I have such admiration for you both that you are able to put your feelings aside to help someone feel good when they need it most and their loved ones must appreciate the care so much too. Xx

So sorry to hear your friend is ill.

This job is wonderful at times like this as, from past experience I've found it allows us to give something special to the person who is ill and in turn that will also allow you to deal with it a bit better by knowing you have been able to help her.

If doing a facial, I would simplify the treatment so cleanse, tone & massage and then it makes it all about soothing strokes and touch and also less products to take. As already said, consider hand and arm massage (if possible) or foot and leg massage products in case she doesn't want a facial when you turn up.

Sending hugs to you x

Thank you for your replies. I went to see her today but she had just had a minor procedure and was sleeping. Then the physio came and when she left my friend was very upset and didn't want anyone there :(

I feel so awful for her but hope that I can catch her at a better time soon.

I'm so sorry it went like that today, its a situation where you want to be able to help but she knows you care and all you can do is be there when she's ready.

Hope your ok xxx

Latest posts

Back