Mobile geeks do you have 2 mobile numbers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasparkles201

Reaction score
Hi geeks just wondering those of you that are mobile do you use two mobile numbers one for business and one for personal?

Is it better to have two? my business launches properly in june this year i currently have two mobiles but i am considering changing to just one to save taking two phones every where and of course saves on the cost too.

What are your thoughts on this? x

I have two phones. Both are pay as you go.
Both have unlimited txt, unlimited net and 250mins for a tenner a month.
So far it's been cheaper doing it this way than one contract phone.

Plus I can turn a work one off when I'm having family time/bedtime etc

Definitely have 2 mobiles, it's the only way to protect your time off. I do not want to take work calls on holiday, or on bank holidays, or when I'm out socially. I turned my work phone on earlier to get something off it to discover I had a voicemail left at 1pm today..... I'm not returning it until either tomorrow evening or Tuesday morning but with 2 phones at least I have the choice!

Having 2 phones also means I know exactly how to answer whichever one is ringing.......

I use two mobiles. Because you'll find that clients will text you at the most random times, 1am, 6.30am kinda times. Just when they remember they need an appointment. I find this way i can turn my work phone off when i decided to finish for the day and this doesnt impact on my personal life. Hope this helps. Good luck :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Thanks for that ladies i was toying with the idea of going down to one phone my private one is contract just renewed it so cant cancel it, but will keep my other phone and learn to turn it off when i dont want calls.

Do you all gets nightmare sales calls? They are seriously getting on my nerves too, some i do not even answer any more as i get a few calls a day.

I use 2 phones. With the sales calls I save the number to whatever it is and don't answer again. Tell them I'm not interested the first time too or tell them to call back next month lol x

Ive only got 1 at the moment. But then im only doing my mobile work in the evenings as i have another part time job and a little one. I would definately consider going to 2 phones when my work is more full time. :D

I have one phone, cant be doing with having 2.
If I dont want to take calls, then I just leave the answer machine to get it.
The other option is to have 2 numbers and have your work number forwarded to your personal phone. That way you only have to have 1 phone and if you dont want to take calls you can turn the forwarding off.
x

I love having two!

I have my beauty number plastered everywhere, Facebook, Gumtree, all my flyers etc and wouldn't want my personal number being advertised everywhere. Maybe sounds a but pretentious but I don't just give my own number out willy nilly, lol. x

I have 2 numbers to keep business and private separate. It also helps when doing your accounts as everything on the work phone goes down in expenses, I don't have to d'affaires about working out business/private splits.

Thanks for all your replys think i will stick with having two numbers x

Good move - I have 2 numbers so I can turn the work phone off when I am not working or on holiday x

I love having two!

I have my beauty number plastered everywhere, Facebook, Gumtree, all my flyers etc and wouldn't want my personal number being advertised everywhere. Maybe sounds a but pretentious but I don't just give my own number out willy nilly, lol. x

Conpletely agree I'm the same

I tried saving contacts in with different ringtones on iPhone so I could choose to ignore business calls however I still have to check it so I'm seriously considering getting a second number and phone for personal use so I can have clear cut off points and also so I can leave phone when I go on holiday. What do you geeks do when you have clients that are also friends? Which number do you give out?

I also have two

I have two, my personal mobile and a pay as you go one. I would definitely recommend having two if you're advertising online as sometimes I get random callers and sales people telephoning and its nice to know they don't have my personal number. Plus you can turn it off when you go to bed or on holiday etc. :)

I love having two!

I completely agree, I have 2 phones/numbers its good to keep one private Clients will contact you whenever they feel like it including Sundays bank hols etc (i checked mine about an hour ago and an occasional Client was requesting a nail appointment tomorrow afternoon if by any chance I had something available.)

I also have 2 because my personal phone is just that. Personal.
Ive had my personal mobile number for about 6-7 years. My work mobile, I get calls on it all times of day and night from Sales people and cold callers. if its not a mobile or local number, I dont answer it. I switch it off whenever I want too :)
The other advantage too is that im happy to put the number of my flyers, website, facebook, business cards and leave them anywhere without my personal contact details being known.

Personal phone I have on T-mobile monthly contract (£10)(no contract, just 30days notice) and get unlimited internet, 200mins and 200 texts
Work mobile is on O2 montly 30day notice for £10 and I get 600mins, unlimited texts and some internet, which i dont use on work phone.
xx

I have two phones.

First reason for security. I don't want give out my personal number to just anyone.
Second is so that I can give someone my phone when I go on holiday and it can still be answered.
I have the cheapest of cheap phones (ie a phone that makes calls and text - that's it!) from a Supermarket and have it PAYG as most of my calls are incoming.
It doesn't have to cost a lot to have two phones.

Latest posts

Back