MOBILE GEEKS. What treatments make you your money?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
Just wanted to find out which are the treatments that you offer that make you the most money?
I will only be offering nail enhancements, facials and body massage and am hoping this will be enough for me to make a living from.
I don't want to do treatments i hate doing and ones that seem a lot of effort for very little money.

waxing is good , but i like doing spa pedicures , coz although i spend a good hour on em i charge £25 -30 for it so that aint bad going for an hour and a bits work
i try work it out on time i want to be earning at least £15 an hour , and on something i earn more than that :green:

Massage is a good money earner especially if you offer a good pressured one.

Waxing is always a big hit,I would state that a minimum of £10.00 must be spent though or you will have clients ringing you for an eyebrow wax alone,this is just not worth the effort of setting up,fuel etc.

Facials can be good money earners as well,dont expect it to happen overnight though and I would suggest you get as much training in different treatments as you can...the more you have to offer the more likely you are to get bookings.

Following all treatments get your diary/appointment book out and ask when they would like you to book in again or suggest that they rebook in such and such an amount of weeks.HTH:)

Indian head massage was my favourite treatment to do mobile as it didn't involve any setting up.

If I did reflexology I used a la fuma (posh padded recliner) which I have in a carry case, I could put that over my shoulder and carry a small bag in which contained a towel, wipes, talc, etc.

The less time you spend setting up, the more profitable. Plus these treatments don't involve expensive creams, etc.

If I did evening appointments, I would encourage the person to book their partner in too, so would do 2 treatments in 1 house, now, that is profitable.

My friend is a mobile beauty therapist, and she often gets 3, 4 people in one appointment.

My other friend is a mobile hairdresser and she would often cut a whole families hair in 1 appointment, so again, more profitable.

have you thought about advertising yourself as doing pamper parties for small groups? I teamed up with a few other therapists, and we would offer pamper parties, as soon as I knew the numbers of people attending the party, I could then book the other therapists. You could offer treatments that compliment each other, eg 1 does beauty, the other therapist does massage, or tarot cards, or hair styling.

waxing is good , but i like doing spa pedicures , coz although i spend a good hour on em i charge £25 -30 for it so that aint bad going for an hour and a bits work
i try work it out on time i want to be earning at least £15 an hour , and on something i earn more than that :green:
Thing is i hate waxing!!!! and i find that it's not worth me doing it as a treatment.
Prices for waxing in my area are quite low and by the time i set up, cost everything i just don't seem to earn anything from it.
Your pedicure sounds good though, what does that treatment include if you don't mind me asking?
I charge £17 for a pedicure and that includes, foot soak, exfoliation, nail shape, foot and leg massage and polish.[FONT=tahoma,new york,times,serif][/FONT]

Facials can be good money earners as well,dont expect it to happen overnight though and I would suggest you get as much training in different treatments as you can...the more you have to offer the more likely you are to get bookings.

I love facials, and am hoping to purchase Eve Taylor products. I have my Level 2 and 3 in Beauty Therapy so have trained in a wide range of treatments and have done extra training too.
I just think i'd be better suited to master the treatments i love than to just offer everything i'm trained in and my heart not to be in all of them if you know what i mean.

have you thought about advertising yourself as doing pamper parties for small groups?

I'm thinking of asking one of the other therapists that i trained in if she would like to do this with me aswell as childrens parties.

As for the indian head massage, how many clients would recieve this treatment form you say per month?

ღMandyღ;672695 said:
I love facials, and am hoping to purchase Eve Taylor products. I have my Level 2 and 3 in Beauty Therapy so have trained in a wide range of treatments and have done extra training too.
I just think i'd be better suited to master the treatments i love than to just offer everything i'm trained in and my heart not to be in all of them if you know what i mean.
I appreciate what you're saying and that's your decision I know but it's difficult and takes a long time building up a decent clientelle in the mobile business,particulary because you dont get passing trade as you do when in a salon, therefore I personally think it's better to be able to offer as many treatments as you can.:)

Sometimes lack of confidence in treatments makes them less appealing and therefore I find we can avoid doing them,for instance I know many therapists who avoid waxing like the plague simply because they dont feel confident,get stickey and generally aren't very fast

Once confident in waxing you can make a huge income from it and become very fast thus earning much more in an hour than say that from someone who dosn't do much and therefore cant get as many areas waxed.

As for facials I love them but dont do that many mobile(do lots in the salon though,odd:confused:)It's def waxing and manicures that earn the money(in this area).I was doing a lot of massage as well but not many Indian head massages at all(cant do any massage at the moment due to breaking my shoulder in may)but that will come back,soon I hope.

Anyway,good luck and hope you get busy soon.xx:hug:

Once confident in waxing you can make a huge income from it and become very fast thus earning much more in an hour than say that from someone who dosn't do much and therefore cant get as many areas waxed.
What would you charge for a half leg wax hun and do you use pot wax or one of the waxing systems?
I would need to find a price range that people in this area would pay and would make it worth my while.

ღMandyღ;672706 said:
What would you charge for a half leg wax hun and do you use pot wax or one of the waxing systems?
I would need to find a price range that people in this area would pay and would make it worth my while.
It averages in most areas £12.50 for half leg wax,we use both pot and roller wax system,Clean and Easyroller waxing for legs,arm,back and chest then I like to use pot wax for intimate waxing and facial,(just my preferance)each to their own.I tend to use a t tree wax for these areas as well.

Once you do a bit more you will find your speed picks up then you will def make the money practice,practice,practice on anyone you can find to be waxed.

With the roller waxing you can get it done mega fast and it does save on drips and mess(in my opinion)some prefer to use pot method and can get it done just as quick,I just prefer the less mess approach with roller wax but I do like the pot method especially when doing eyebrow reshapes as I find it's far more precise than roller head.JMHO:lol:

If you decide to go for a roller wax system wait for the big shows as they are retailed much cheaper than Sally's(lots of fab offers and you can look at all the different systems,i.e ABC etc.

P.s is your dog related to mine??/they look very similar lol.xx

I find spray tanning to be my most profitable, I earn £25 for 15 mins work.

Waxing is also good and worth trying to offer as people 'need' it each month and you can promote other services, like facials and massage, whilst waxing away!

Back massages pretty profitable, I earn £15 for half an hour and they cost me virtually nothing.

I've always found my manicures and pedicures to be my least profitable, especially pedicures due to the amount of products used and time taken to do. x

I agree I charge £20 for my spray tans and they don't take long at all in fact the cuppa and chat with the client takes longer lol. :):)

P.s is your dog related to mine??/they look very similar lol.xx
Thanks for that info hun, something for me to seriously think about now.

Erm don't they just! And they both look little trouble too!! haha. I think we could set up a decent Westie forum on here too, lol.

I find spray tanning to be my most profitable, I earn £25 for 15 mins work.

Waxing is also good and worth trying to offer as people 'need' it each month and you can promote other services, like facials and massage, whilst waxing away!

Back massages pretty profitable, I earn £15 for half an hour and they cost me virtually nothing.

I've always found my manicures and pedicures to be my least profitable, especially pedicures due to the amount of products used and time taken to do. x

I agree I charge £20 for my spray tans and they don't take long at all in fact the cuppa and chat with the client takes longer lol. :):)
Now i never though of spray tan and i can do the training at the end of my nail enhancement course!!! :green:

Yes spray tanning and Indian Head Massage I would say are a must. The more you can offer the better, as someone said you need a big list of things that you can offer, almost like a menu. It helps bring in the income.

Think you will be getting good money from nail enhancements, I used to do very well when I did them but I didnt enjoy it so gave it up.

xx

I don't want to make a fortune, would be nice though. Just want a nice steady weekly income, pocket money like.
Will look into the training for Indian head massage.

Spray tan is my little money maker!

I always seam to have 3 people gettin them done at once so i make loads in a short space of time.

x

Hi to all you geeks

I am home based.

I just wanted to know if any of you have ever had a tip from a client after their treatment?

And if so have you accepted it also if a client does tip you would you say that they were satisfied with the treatment given.

I ask as a client offered me a really good tip the other day and I was quite reluctant to accept it in case it was the wrong thing to do as i am home based its not exactly like working in a salon lol

All my treatments make me money! I price them so that I get a fair wage for what I do. On average I make £40 an hour regardless of the treatment. Make sure you do not make your treatments too cheap.

Highest profit I would say is massage full body-£50 back and shoulders £30 and facials £40-£55
Most regular returns would be for facials, massage and waxing
Add ons like eyebrow shapes £10 and tints £12 always boost profits too
Spray tans are good too as they take 25 mins including set up and require minimum physical effort for £30
Think again I've listed most things! I think doing a variety of treatments really opens up your client base.

I accept tips and am given better tips now than when I worked for someone else. It feels as good to give a tip as it does to receive them so why not take it, it can also sometimes be uncomfortable to the client if you refuse it. I usually say something like "thank you ,it's not necessary, but it's very apreciated" the first time so that they do not feel they have to tip every time as this could put them off. :hug:

Some people are tippers and some are not, just because you don't get a tip doesn't mean the client didn't love the treatment. I guess a tip says I really appreciate you and want you to treat yourself the way you've treated me!

Latest posts

Back