Mobile Geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andi

Reaction score
Hi there,

This is a question for all you mobile geeks, how do you transport all the things you need for your facial, nails and waxing treatments. Was wondering if the best way was the stacking curver boxes or the stacking vanity trolleys. As am finding it hard going what with the couch and all the other stuff. At the moment it takes me about 15 mins to set up before each treatment and is hard on my back as well. Plus does anyone know of a good strong but lightweight couch as mine is very very heavy.

Your help would be much appreciated thanks.

hi there this is a thread i was hoping to place myself, at the moment, i am lugging a heavy bed, a portable table, i have a huge box where i have my hot and warm wa pots, cotton pads, after wax etc (you know yourself) but it doesnt look all that proffessional, am looking for something handire, and more attractive in appearance
for facials i have a wheelie beauty case, has my steamer, products, bruushes bowls etc in it, thats serves me very well
towel i hold in a beautiful(heavy) basket - how do u transport yours?
massage is easily looked after and mani/pedi i have a huge shouder bag to hold all necessary gear, have naivlarnishes all in one basket( i recently came across a lady on this site with a fab way to store/display nailvarnishes mobile..need to invest in them!) I carry in the pedi bath separate...
its the waxing that baffles me HOW do ppl store it etc while carrying it in
what i like abot my box is that i pop it up onto my portable table and eady to go
its time manangement that i fall down on, entering someones house, having polite chitchat setting up etc all eats far too much into my time!

Hi Jenny,

crumbs you seem to be well organised! Like you I have my waxing gear in a large plastic box but it doesn't have a lid. My mani & pedi gear is housed in a mobile case that I got from Jessica and that's pretty good but again it's heavy.My pedi bowl I carry in on it's own. My towels I have in a holdall that goes over my shoulder. My facial products just go in a big bag (like a large toilet bag) so could do with something that looks a bit more professional. But most of all it's the couch that's the problem. You mentioned that you use a portable table that sounds like a good idea as I don't have one and that can be a problem sometimes, if the client hasn't got a small table that I can use. Where did you get yours from. Would you say that the beauty box is worth the money and practical. Sorry for all the questions thanks, Angela.

yes the pull along kit was definitely worth the investment. absolutely, facilas take me the longest to set up so find this easier, have it a few years, never looked back
my table was just one i bough in alocal shop, nothing fancy, just collapsable, matches a stool i bring if doing reflexology and have t be seated, its the perfect height for my couch bed
i have been doing so much research into portable beds, mine weighs 25kgs and after 5 years of lugging that around im ready for a 15kg or so....
if you put mobile into search bar on this site, lots off ppl have links posted for professional portable tables, i never knew such things existed!!!!!
have u any ideas apart from plastic box for wax pots, thats what i have , sometimes am embarassed producing B&Q box!!!!

Hi there,

This is a question for all you mobile geeks, how do you transport all the things you need for your facial, nails and waxing treatments. Was wondering if the best way was the stacking curver boxes or the stacking vanity trolleys. As am finding it hard going what with the couch and all the other stuff. At the moment it takes me about 15 mins to set up before each treatment and is hard on my back as well. Plus does anyone know of a good strong but lightweight couch as mine is very very heavy.

Your help would be much appreciated thanks.

I have boxes that contains everything i need for each treatment. Its a lot easier.Ive just labelled them.
Hun pls pls pls if you are looking for a light weight couch check out therapy 2000 ultra lite couch. It's FANTASTIC!! and cheap!!
I too was strugling with my couch and ended up with a twisted sacrum bone. Ive found my new couch amazing as it's not only light but i can fit it on the front seet of my car.
Hope this helps xxx

That sounds great I will check them out. So with your boxes are they different sizes or all the same I think will look into getting some of those for now and think about a pull along later. I just need to get a folding table now.

I know too that time management can be a problem especially when you are packing up and wanting to go and the client is still chatting away.

That sounds great I will check them out. So with your boxes are they different sizes or all the same I think will look into getting some of those for now and think about a pull along later. I just need to get a folding table now.

I know too that time management can be a problem especially when you are packing up and wanting to go and the client is still chatting away.

I have a pink trolley that i have only used a handful of times. It's just not big enough. I wouldnt waste your money on buying one to be honest.
Most of my boxes are the same size apart from my eye treatments box , which is smaller.
For the folding table have a look in argos I got one for £15. I think its for campiing lol but you would never tell xxx

I have boxes that contains everything i need for each treatment. Its a lot easier.Ive just labelled them.
Hun pls pls pls if you are looking for a light weight couch check out therapy 2000 ultra lite couch. It's FANTASTIC!! and cheap!!
I too was strugling with my couch and ended up with a twisted sacrum bone. Ive found my new couch amazing as it's not only light but i can fit it on the front seet of my car.
Hope this helps xxx

Hi there,
get on the phone tomoz this couch is on offer for £109 in vat and pp. 01527 878 536,
I ordered one tuesday it should be arriving tomoz.
I have a lovely couch already but at 17kgs im only using it for massage and spa treatments, although im sure that i end up using the xtralite as its only 10.4 kgs
Im with kylie b on storage, dont mix ur bags or boxes with different treatments that way ur not forever packing and unpacking, apart from the 'dirties' of course.
Ive found that the largest size of the siennax roller bag is fab, get a few and label. I was going to get some cheaper roller bags but these are quality, have all the pockets i need and looks smart and professional and i dont think that £19 approx is bad considering its a one-off out lay.
HTH best off luck XXXXXXXX

Hi I too am mobile and i cart my waxing stuff around in a cooler bag. I heat them up before i go out and they fit neatly in my bag (i have 2 wax pots) then when i get to my client i don't have to wait ages for the wax to heat up, i also use the sienna x roller bags and plastic crates but boy is it hard lugging it all around! xx

Thanks Guys for all your help have had a look at the couches and think I will order one tomorrow. Good idea about the boxes so will be getting a couple of these as well. Thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back