Mobile Haidressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouser88

Reaction score
i am just looking for some advice.I have been hairdressing for over 5 years in 3 different salons and think its time i go on my own only problem is i do not know where to start who i have to register with, what i have to register, which insurance company do i go with etc etc any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

:)

i am just looking for some advice.I have been hairdressing for over 5 years in 3 different salons and think its time i go on my own only problem is i do not know where to start who i have to register with, what i have to register, which insurance company do i go with etc etc any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

:)

Hi, Salon Gold are cheap at around 40 ish a year , and you can fill it in online
but as someone was saing on here recently, they are not a very clear company as regarding making a claim !......

Soooo I would have to say have a look at Babtac for insurance on here they look fab heres a link BABTAC - The Official Site of the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology

also the Guild do insurance policys too Beauty Guild : Membership Benefits - Beauty Guild

start by phoning the inland revenue - they will send you on a free half day course explaining the ins and outs and sort out your ni contributions

aww thank you to the both of you, really helped :) x

Hi there....

I would suggest taking a look at the Freelance Hair and Beauty Federation HIGHLIGHTS! :: The Home of The Freelance Hair & Beauty Federation The Freelance Hair and Beauty Federation is a non-profit-making organisation that exists to promote the interests of freelance hair stylists and beauty therapists within the industry and to provide benefits and services to its members, including business solutions, training opportunities and much more.

They really do have an exceptionally personal approach with their members and protect the standards of the industry by ensuring that all of their members have the relevant qualifications.

You'll be in excellent hands and they regularly hold lunches, events, benefits and parties for their members which means meeting like mided freelancers in your area as well as across the country.

Best of luck and I'm sure you'll find the FHBF a great help.

MHD x x x

Latest posts

Back