Mobile hairdresser appointments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah x

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just wanted ideas in the best way in booking appointments for mobile hairdressers? .....good old fashion diary and pen or a booking app? X

Will you be working full time mobile say, 9-6pm every day or a few hours here and there until you build your client base?
I use the Ovatu app but initially I just used my phone diary to record all my activities.
If you work mobile full days an app is great but if you work odd hours around other ad-hoc activities, you might need to use a single diary system where you can also keep a record of other events such as Part-time day job/school run/business meeting.
If you use two different diary systems to record your work/home appointments, it does rely on you meticulously cross checking them to ensure you don’t double book yourself.

At the very beginning of my hairdresser career, I used ol' good Google Calendar to record both personal and work appointments.
Since then I've tried lots of different apps, but for me most of them either expensive or complex with lots of functions I'd never use.
The thing is if you have a few hours per day to manage all your bookings and have other activities to deal with - Google, diary or similar apps will suit you better than some special booking or time-management apps.
At the moment I use Tap2Visit app, it's free and serves my needs, but the online booking is tricky - the clients can book only through the app, may appear not convenient.

Thanks for replying. I work 2 days a week in a salon and my daughter started full time at playgroup when they go back in September so rather than doing another day in the salon I’m going to build up my mobile hair. I have a Facebook page and was going to see if I put a book now button on it clients can book there appointments in the hours that I work....if that makes sense xx

I don’t know how that works in regards to booking out the correct amount of time for the service.
Can the client simply choose a slot and book themselves into it? My concern would be a client booking a cut and colour at say 1.00pm and you need to be out of the door by 2.30pm to collect your child because they live on the other side of town and you end up rushing the cut or leaving the client with wet hair. Obviously, if you have someone else able to collect your daughter at short notice, it shouldn’t be a problem.

I started off with a standard appointment book but it was too big to carry around ,
I just use a page per day diary now so there’s loads of space for appointment s
I don’t trust phone apps in case battery runs low or it breaks , it’s better to have a paper copy for back up

Get the app “my book of clients”
Its cheap andyou can back it up to your email / cloud
Great booking app

I have used the salon appointment books for years with a pencil but now I use a large filofax with loose pages but the folder is a lookalike filofax from Paperchase. I maybe old fashioned but I can't risk an app/phone failing!

I use schedul sends a email reminder to clients [emoji4]

I have used the salon appointment books for years with a pencil but now I use a large filofax with loose pages but the folder is a lookalike filofax from Paperchase. I maybe old fashioned but I can't risk an app/phone failing!

Surely there’s a greater risk if you lose the Filofax where there’s only one original and no copies, than if you use an App that is backed up to a cloud service? If your phone fails, you can just use another device to log onto the App. I always have my phone and iPad with me when working mobile.

I'm a salon based hairdresser, but i use shedul, its free and it sends free text or email reminders, and you can access from any device, as its runs through the cloud. i find it really easy to use, and its not let me down yet.

hope that helps.

Booksy does automatic replies and confirmation of appointments, either by text, email or push notification on the Booksy app. You can have unlimited amount of access from all devices from laptop to iPad and phones. We are a cloud based system so everything backs up and is live so as soon as someone books online it pops up in your calendar. We are a global company so offer 24/7 support direct from the app/system. We also have consultants all over the UK if you ever need one of us to come and meet you in person. hope this helps. any questions do PM me.

Latest posts

Back