Mobile Hairdresser - what colour/tints to begin mobile colouring?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StaceRenee

Reaction score
I am starting Mobile hair, what colour tints did you buy to begin colouring Client's' hair from home?
I am wanting to use RPR range- They are Vegan and don't test on animals, and I love their theory.
Obviously it's still a bit of a cost to start up so I'm hoping to start out with the basics of what I'll be generally needing.
I do want to focus on natural colours, blondes/reds/ash first but just wanting to ask those that had been there one this before :)
I have worked mobile and just gone to the local hair supply place but I'm a bit more regional now, and would like to order straight away form RPR.

Thanks in a dance all :)

I am starting Mobile hair, what colour tints did you buy to begin colouring Client's' hair from home?
I am wanting to use RPR range- They are Vegan and don't test on animals, and I love their theory.
Obviously it's still a bit of a cost to start up so I'm hoping to start out with the basics of what I'll be generally needing.
I do want to focus on natural colours, blondes/reds/ash first but just wanting to ask those that had been there one this before :)
I have worked mobile and just gone to the local hair supply place but I'm a bit more regional now, and would like to order straight away form RPR.

Thanks in a dance all :)
If you're sold on RPR then go for them, providing you don't have to buy in to the brand, my advice would be to start with buying your base shades, and maybe a tube of copper , a tube or 2 of red , the more obvious shades if blonde? So for it'd be an ash level 10 , violet level 10 and an ash violet highlift or something of that kind.
If they have mix tones/intensifiers buy those too. This way with your bases you can pretty much create any colour.
This is something I wish I'd done.
I've now started pulling back on the amount of colour I stock. I have so much ££ worth of colour sat on the shelf, that is sat there for weeks or even months before it's used it's beyond!

Thank you for your reply, I agree. I think I’ll get two of each base and then copper/red/ash.. I just didn’t want to have excess stock sitting there in the off chance that one person perhaps wants something different.. especially in the beginning..

Any other tips you think Would help in the beginning? 🫣☺️🙏

Thank you for your reply, I agree. I think I’ll get two of each base and then copper/red/ash.. I just didn’t want to have excess stock sitting there in the off chance that one person perhaps wants something different.. especially in the beginning..

All I can say is don't buy things for the sake of it. Buy things as and when you need them. If you're fortunate enough to live close to you suppliers then of course that's easier.
Fortunately for me, I do.
Same goes for shampoos etc..
If RPR don't do shampoos etc then may be worth taking a look at IQ Daily shampoo and conditioner. This is my go to, suitable for everyone! It's gentle, it's lightweight, it's colour safe, pleasant smell, vegan friendly, 90%+ naturally derived and it's very reasonably priced.
Styling products can be kept to a minimum to start with too.
I'm not loyal to a brand when it comes to products. I use Tigi small talk for a blowdry cream - suitable for most hair types and curly hair.
Kitoko straightening balm - best I've ever used.
Volumiser -Tigi queen for a day.
Mousse + Hairspray Schwarzkopf silhouette.
Styling paste/putty :- either Muk or Vines vintage.
Heat protection differs.
These were the basics I started with based on my client base.
Obviously over time I have accumulated quite a range of products.

Perming and hair up accessories is something I never buy until I know I need them as I don't do much of either.
Clips, Combes and tint brushes !
You can never have enough clips. As for tint brushes I definitely saw the benefit of investing in good quality brushes.
Pro tip are my go to. I've got some framar which are nice too.
Tinting Apron! I used to hate wearing one but my god I see the value in them now! After so many wrecked t shirts!

Also when it comes to anything darker than a 4 I wouldn't necessarily stock it. I generally don't go below a 4. I had one client who was a level 3 for a while. But obviously I don't stock that shade, just order it as and when.
When it comes to bleach I'd say buy a multi purpose one to start with. Not one for foiling, one for scalp, one for freehand etc. I usually only carry what I need for the day and not everything I have. Also one thing I learned too late..... Always empty your water spray bottle, or definitely do not leave it in your bag with your electricals 🙈

Latest posts

Back