Mobile hairdresser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erissa

Reaction score
Hi every one
I'm starting Mobil hairdressing and I don't have enough money to buy all colours ( I use Wella ) I was wondering anyone could help me to chose colour I could buy without breaking my bank account. like a starting pack ! or any other brand which is similar to Wella but cheaper.
Many thanks

Check with your local warehouse as some will do starter packs for specific brands. When I started out, I used Osmo ikon and Matrix.
However, be wary of choosing products based solely on cost as;
a) you need to be familiar with how the product works so look out for free colour courses if possible, and
b) a successful business is one that has plenty of repeat clients. If you use poor quality colour, it might not cover grey as well or fade too quickly etc. and your client won’t be back.

Also, you don’t actually need to stock many colours.

Generally, when I do a cut I use the opportunity to do a colour consultation with a patch test. In every case, I’ll do a patch test beforehand and that gives me enough time to buy any colour tubes, fresh developer etc. that I might need.
If you’re mobile, it pays to be super organised.
You don’t want to be lugging the equivalent of a full salon of products with you every day so if you store things in clear boxes, it’s easy to see what you want and grab only what you need before setting out.
Co-location is my mantra.
So, styling products are together in one box, permanent tint tubes in another, developers in another, rollers and perm equipment in another box etc.
I have a basic checklist I use before setting out and I recommend that you keep a detailed inventory and update it regularly.

Best of luck!

thanks so much x

Hi every one
I'm starting Mobil hairdressing and I don't have enough money to buy all colours ( I use Wella ) I was wondering anyone could help me to chose colour I could buy without breaking my bank account. like a starting pack ! or any other brand which is similar to Wella but cheaper.
Many thanks
I work from home and also use Wella. I tend to buy the bases then the tones. Collect the wella stamps and you get a shade chart which tells you how much time to add to the base. It’s a much cheaper way to colour. Obvs can’t always cover all the colours but most of them you can! Also Sally’s do VAT free days every month!

I work from home and also use Wella. I tend to buy the bases then the tones. Collect the wella stamps and you get a shade chart which tells you how much time to add to the base. It’s a much cheaper way to colour. Obvs can’t always cover all the colours but most of them you can! Also Sally’s do VAT free days every month!

thanks so much.

I use mood colour. The /00 covers greys well, reds and coppers are vibrent, large tubes and they are cheap

Hi
thanks for reply. May i ask if this colour coding is similar to Wella professional?

Hi erissa when I first opened solo I used wella colours as that’s what my clients always had on. I once tried a cheaper range but you get what you pay for, in comparison the coverage was rubbish, there wasn’t nearly as much pigmentation, and colours were very bog standard no where near as vibrant and glossy. I tested this on family and friends and thank god I never on clients as they would know instantly if it’s a colour they have grown to have applied regularly... my advice is don’t switch you will loose clients. Instead be smart with your buying or buy in bulk at vat frees or ask wella about there starter packs.

Kadus is Wella’s sister company but cheaper

You can get training on their products too from the wholesale- it’s a great range aimed at mobile hairdressers

I changed from wella to ID , the main reason was cost , but I also wanted to step out of my comfort zone and try something new , I’ve managed to match existing colours well but have found I need to go 1/2 shade darker for same result ,
It was either that , or implement a significant price rise .
This way I’ve managed to keep my prices reasonable and increase my profits

Latest posts

Back