Mobile hairdressers guidelines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hevers

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if there are different guidelines for mobile hairdressers? Any tips from mobile hairdressers please as I feel quite anxious about visiting clients. Thanks

I've been wondering the same thing over the past few weeks as I am a mobile hairdresser aswel but i work part time at asda to keep me moneys coming in, where as my other half is extremely vulnerable so I was furloughed up untill monday next week.

Wheb you check the FHA (Freelance Hair Association) website, it pretty much just gives you the same guidelines as if your were working in a salon and says pretty much the same as NHBF (national hair and Barbering) site. 4th of july.

I've got alot of clients who are eager for me to get back round to do there hair but at the end of the day, if they are prepared to let you I there home too do there hair, then it's at there peril. As long as you notify your clients your will be wearing full ppe during the service (at least gloves and a mask) and they should at least where a mask too, there shouldn't be a problem starting back up again. I will be doing it this way and will be starting Monday 6th July. Also, if you search for Free Barbacide certificate online, there is a free course all to do with cronavirus and it will fill you in on all the ins and outs of the new ways of hair. Plus you get a free certificate at the end.

Hope this helps :3

Just a wee disclaimer, that I dont work for the government and this is just advise, only because the government are bringing out new guidelines on a daily basis.

I don’t blame you for feeling anxious. I think many people are keen to start working again but worried about keeping safe.

You might find it useful to work out a routine for putting on your PPE, working, then removing it before you visit any clients.

If you can, do a trial run at home starting with entering the house (will you apply your mask, visor and gloves in your car?), greet the client etc., perform the cut or colour service wearing your PPE, bagging everything up and then leaving, whilst you’re still in the safety of your own home. You can just use a training head for practise and apply conditioner rather than actual tint.

I had a go when cutting my son’s hair and it was quite a faff to remember all the steps and it was very uncomfortable wearing PPE in the warm weather! o_O

Thanks that's a good idea I will do this

Thanks I think I will only cut 1st visit and revise in 6 Weeks (less tools/less risk) don't fancy sanitising dryer, wires brushes etc so I have time to get used to a routine

I'm also a mobile hairdresser and am getting very anxious on going to people's houses what with all the procedures we need to follow on sanitisation and sterilisation etc! I've booked clients in for colours and cuts but am now thinking it may be easier to do cuts to start with!
From what I've read I either have to use disposable gowns or wash each gown after use and towels need to be tumble dried to a high heat then placed in a clean compartment. Then there's the whole barbicide treatments between customers and the sprays and the sponges to wash equipment??? Do we dispose of each sponge after use, do I spray down my bags and containers too???
Is this what everyone else will be doing?

Hi does anyone know if there are different guidelines for mobile hairdressers? Any tips from mobile hairdressers please as I feel quite anxious about visiting clients. Thanks
I used the Gov.uk guidelines, I had to buy an extra cape so now have 3 in total, so limit to 3 households per day!, I use 1 per household, then goes in a bag and goes straight in the wash when home, along with clothes I’ve worn, at 60 degrees, if I’m cutting I wear a plastic apron and dispose of after each house, and wear a face shield, I have bought antibacterial wipes from amazon and wipe my scissors, combs, face shield after each house, and use antibac gel before and after each house too!
might be overkill but rather that than take any chances! Mind you I was sweltering the heat today!!
I have told them to warn kids what I’ll be wearing and for them to also wipe down any surfaces I’ve touched during my visit, all been ok so far, really enjoyed being back to working again now too, good luck, hope it’s all been ok for you so far,

Latest posts

Back