Mobile hairdressers, what do you use to carry stock?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
Hi,
So I’ve been a mobile hairdresser for years and years, usually I have a shoulder bag for all my cutting stuff, and then seperate bag for colour equipment, and generally another bag with extra stock that stays in the car and can pop to if need anything extra, but I found with all the extra ppe and newer clients I’m now buying more and more and storage is a big problem, so thought would ask what everyone uses?
I’ve just bought a big bag on wheels but the base of it is obviously bumpy (due to where the wheels retract) so no good for colours as would just fall all over the place? What does everyone else use?

Hi,
So I’ve been a mobile hairdresser for years and years, usually I have a shoulder bag for all my cutting stuff, and then seperate bag for colour equipment, and generally another bag with extra stock that stays in the car and can pop to if need anything extra, but I found with all the extra ppe and newer clients I’m now buying more and more and storage is a big problem, so thought would ask what everyone uses?
I’ve just bought a big bag on wheels but the base of it is obviously bumpy (due to where the wheels retract) so no good for colours as would just fall all over the place? What does everyone else use?
I'm not a mobile hairdresser so not sure if this would be practical.
But could you not keep tools and PPE etc in the big bag? And the other use a storage tub to put your colour tubes in bottom end first so all your shades are showing face up? Might be easier, at least that way you can take in to your client what you think you'll need and if you decide to do something different then you can always pop back to the car for alternatives.

Thanks, do you mean like a plastic container box?
yes will take a look at sizes,

Yes I'm sure an underbed storage container would be the perfect height to fit the length of a tube.

Hi,
Hi
I use a cabin size suitcase for all mine and only take what is needed for the day . I find it's easy as I can pull it and dont have to put all that pressure ony shoulder . I have one that has pockets so I can keep things seperate

Hi
I use a cabin size suitcase for all mine and only take what is needed for the day . I find it's easy as I can pull it and dont have to put all that pressure ony shoulder . I have one that has pockets so I can keep things seperate
Do you find the colours and peroxide all move around? as I worry if peroxide will spill, and hate rummaging through for colours so like them all stood upright? And does it have a flat base (where the poles are inside?) be great to see what kind you have if you know a link I could look at?? Thanks

I’ll see if I can find my old one and take a picture of it for you. I think it’s in the garage loft so might take me a while.

When working mobile, I used to drive a car with a fairly roomy boot that I could put the trolley in upright. I stored all my products in large plastic crates in the garage so I could carry a couple of filled crates in the boot and then put what I needed for the client into the trolley from the crates in the boot.

I could keep my developer bottles upright in the base of the trolley when wheeling it into the house.

I’ll see if I can find my old one and take a picture of it for you. I think it’s in the garage loft so might take me a while.

When working mobile, I used to drive a car with a fairly roomy boot that I could put the trolley in upright. I stored all my products in large plastic crates in the garage so I could carry a couple of filled crates in the boot and then put what I needed for the client into the trolley from the crates in the boot.

I could keep my developer bottles upright in the base of the trolley when wheeling it into the house.
Thank you x

A tool box on wheels is perfect I have one with three layers you can use the top as a table Any of the big diy stores sell them.

A tool box on wheels is perfect I have one with three layers you can use the top as a table Any of the big diy stores sell them.
Thanks, I will look into that,

Do you find the colours and peroxide all move around? as I worry if peroxide will spill, and hate rummaging through for colours so like them all stood upright? And does it have a flat base (where the poles are inside?) be great to see what kind you have if you know a link I could look at?? Thanks
Hi it's just an average cabin sized suitcase that I bought in dunelm. Peroxide does not leak . I only take what is needed for the day. Otherwise I keep my colours etc in a wooden box at home.

Latest posts

Back