Mobile hairdressing, hair washing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilemeeeee

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I've had so much great advice and info from this site in the short time I've been a member! Just wanted to say thanks for that before I fire my next question at you ha!

Just wondering how many mobile hairdressers on here use a portable basin? If you don't, what do you do? And if you do, can you recommend a good one to me? I've seen quite a few on ebay but been stung by cheap products on ebay before and just want to make sure I get one that works.

Thanks.

Hiya , iv been a mobile hairdresser for 9 years and have a big client base now. To be honest when I first started I bought a basin and it was a waste of time it takes time out of your service to set it up. Everyones taps are different so you can’t use it all the time. Most of my clients don’t mind having there hair washed in the sink or shower, some even just have a shower altogether and take the foils out themselfs I just double check all the colours rinsed out. X

Thanks for your reply. I thought that about different taps etc. Just wondered what clients might expect from me, what other people do etc.x

most clients will ask you what your comfortable with and what you need as in shower or sink. Were not in a salon so most realise that’s it’s either shower or sink they won’t except you to carry a basin everywhere you go it’s really easy honest you’ll do just fine x

Thanks! I appreciate your reply and advice.x

Hiya , iv been a mobile hairdresser for 9 years and have a big client base now. To be honest when I first started I bought a basin and it was a waste of time it takes time out of your service to set it up. Everyones taps are different so you can’t use it all the time. Most of my clients don’t mind having there hair washed in the sink or shower, some even just have a shower altogether and take the foils out themselfs I just double check all the colours rinsed out. X
thanks for your reply. I'm planning on going mobile as well and not sure of how things work. So if you don't carry basin with you - how do you wash client's hair at the basin? do you need anything at all etc tap extention..? Any info much appreciated

Latest posts

Back