Mobile hairdressing skin testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robynbird

Reaction score
Hi!
I am setting up a mobile hairdressing business and was wondering what other mobile hairdressers do about skin testing clients before a colour treatment? Obviously its not very practical to go to each house to skin test 48hrs before!
Any advice would be grateful! Thanks

You have to go 48 hours befor I'm afraid :( Or what I do sometimes is I go and cut their hair before hand (say a week before) and then do a skin test then and tell them to let me know if they get a reaction or not. If there is no reaction then you're good to go ahead :)

I go 48 hours before and do a consultation at the same time so I know what to bring

Also means I can check out the person and house

I also go before hand - 48 hours at the least - a week or so at the most . It's so important to do it ..

If your colour brand allows you can use colour start patches that you could send out to the client for them to apply to their skin. They are only available for certain brands xx

I also go couple days before, to check hair, choose colour & skin test x

I too go 48 hours before no option!!

I go 48 hours before. Gives a chance to do a consultation and take test cuttings for incompatibility test. Also a quick chance to guage the client and if I feel comfortable in the house.

Thanks guys. Guess it will be helpful do go and do a consultation first anyway. Thankss! :)

I go b4 hand take a 1.0 as a skin test so they get te full whack of ppd to react to, you can do a consultation and it gives you time to see thickness length etc incase you need another tube of their colour.
That way you end up having to lug less about instead of a full colour range .

What brands are quick start used with? It would make it easyer for clients who are having there usual, I could leave a fresh one with each tint I do and when they book for a re growth remind them to use it xoxo

Latest posts

Back